Instant Pot Pulled Chicken Sliders are perfect for game day!
It's almost play-off time and we love football here at Craft Create Cook! Whether it's college ball or the pros, we love to entertain and throw a party every weekend. I love inviting friends over to watch the big game and I love cooking for a crowd! I rely on my Instant Pot and slow cooker throughout the year and football season is no exception! When I make my grocery list before the big game weekend I try to think of easy foods to prepare. Sliders are always at the top of list for game day and Pepperidge Farm Slider Buns are my go-to favorite.
Growing up, my grandmother always purchased Pepperidge Farm products and instilled brand loyalty in me that still exists today. Their Slider Buns are always my first choice whether it's feeding a crowd or packing my kiddos lunches every morning. Pepperidge Farm has always stood for quality products and the Slider Buns come in a variety of flavors that everyone is sure to love: White, Sesame, Potato, Sweet & Soft and Wheat.
The next time you're out grocery shopping, grab a package or two and get creative! For my game day recipe I wanted something easy but delicious as well. I decided on pulled chicken sliders. What I love about this recipe is that you can make it as easy as you'd like OR you can get super creative. I love having extra toppings for my guests so they can make up their own sliders as they please. Toppings you might want to consider include: cheddar cheese slices, jalapenos, and cole slaw!
Instant Pot Pulled Chicken Sliders Recipe
For this recipe, I pulled out my instant pot. It's the perfect way to cook chicken and fast! Seriously, if you need shredded chicken in minutes, it's the only way to go. I've had my instant pot for almost a year and use it at least twice a week. I love cooking chicken ahead of time and then using it in soups, salads and nachos.
- 1 pound of boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt & pepper
- blackening seasoning
- garlic powder
- ½ C. water (or chicken broth)
- your favorite bbq sauce
- Pour the water into the bottom of your instant pot and place the boneless skinless chicken breasts inside.
- Season the chicken.
- Seal the lid shut.
- Turn the instant pot on and press manual.
- Set the time to 6 minutes and make sure the vent is closed.
- Allow the timer to start.
- Once the instant pot is done cooking, allow it to vent naturally.
- Carefully open the lid and remove the chicken breasts.
- Shred the chicken and add in your favorite bbq sauce.
- Toast the Pepperidge Farm Slider Buns under the broiler for a few minutes (we love toasty buns!)
- Serve the pulled bbq chicken on the Pepperidge Farm Slider Buns.
What some more awesome Instant Pot Recipes? Check out our other posts!