This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BakeFallFavorites #CollectiveBias
This semi-homemade pumpkin whoopie pie recipe is easy to make!
There’s something special about the changing seasons…one of those thing is limited edition flavors. Target has Pillsbury™ Limited Edition Fall Flavor Baking Mixes. It’s when my seasonal favorites emerge — pumpkin, caramel apple and Halloween themed baking mixes and frostings. It’s quite possible I hoard them, especially when I can take advantage of a current 10% off Cartwheel Offer (offer available 9/25-10/22) or this future Cartwheel offer (offer available: 10/27 – 10/30) because everyone loves these seasonal favorites. You can find these limited edition flavors in the seasonal/Halloween section or on the end cap in the pantry area of your local Target store.
So head to Target and grab a box of Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Perfectly Pumpkin Premium Cake Mix and a tub of Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Cream Cheese Flavored Frosting and a box of vanilla instant pudding! You’re on your way to some amazing pumpkin whoopie pies that your family will L-O-V-E!
My kids good bonkers whenever they see me make whoopie pies. In fact, if we visit the local bakery, my daughter always grabs a whoopie pie as her special treat. So when she saw me making these, her eyes lit up and she was really excited to help! I love that this recipe is so simple, I don’t have to break out the mixer to make these and she can measure and stir the batter with me. And if making them wasn’t fun enough, she loves to consume them with me as well!
And if you’re like me, you’ll want to grab one of each of the amazing Pillsbury Fall Flavor Baking Products:
- Pillsbury™ Perfectly Pumpkin Cookie Mix
- Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Perfectly Pumpkin Premium Cake Mix
- Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Halloween Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Halloween Sugar Cookie Mix
- Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Halloween Premium Brownie Mix
- Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Halloween Cake Mix
- Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Cream Cheese Flavored Frosting
- Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Caramel Apple Flavored Frosting
- Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Caramel Apple Flavored Premium Cake Mix
- 1 box Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Perfectly Pumpkin Premium Cake Mix
- 1 small box (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding
- ½ cup water
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup oil
- 1 tub Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Cream Cheese Flavored Frosting
- powdered sugar for dusting
- card stock
- utility knife
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix cake mix, pudding, water eggs and oil together in a mixing bowl. Mix well until combined.
- Use at 3 tables size portion scoop to scoop batter onto prepared baking sheet. Use the back side of the scoop to flatten the mounds of batter. Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Use a piece of scrap paper to draw a pumpkin shape onto the paper. Cut it out with a utility knife on a cutting board. Place the stencil on one whoopie pie and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Repeat on 6-8 tops. Set aside.
- Frost bottoms with a generous amount of frosting. Top with prepared pumpkin dusted tops and serve!