These Apple Cider Donut Holes taste like Fall and are delicious with a cup of coffee or a glass of cold milk.
One of my favorite activities to do in the Fall is go to our local farms for their Fall festivals. We have several local farms that have events like pig racing, pumping races, pumpkin smashing and one of our favorites has a giant sling shot that you can sling slot pumpkins, gourds and potatoes into a field of goats. Somehow when you shoot the gourds into the field of goats, you don’t hit the goats but they run to the food to eat so it’s really entertaining to do and watch.
Typically they have a table set up with apple cider and pumpkin donuts but I’ve never been a fan of pumpkin donuts so I wanted to make something equally as tasty and maybe sneak in a few of my own donuts in a sandwich baggy so I don’t have to just watch everyone eat sugar coated donuts, haha!
Our Apple Cider Donut Holes are not only easy to make but they taste delicious too.
How to make our Apple Cider Donut Holes:
- Pillsbury Grands Biscuits
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple cider spice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- vegetable oil
- 2″ circle cookie cutter
- Fill a heavy bottom pot 1/4 way with vegetable oil and heat on medium-high heat.
- Roll out your biscuit dough onto a piece of parchment paper and use a small 2″ circle cookie cutter to cut out as many circles as you can.
- Form your scrap dough into a ball, roll out and cut out more circles.
- Carefully place your dough circles into your hot oil (caution: it will be very hot and the oil may splash) and cook each side until golden brown (about 60-90 seconds on each side).
- Carefully remove your fried donut holes with a long handled slotted spoon and place them onto a paper plate lined with paper towel for the excess oil to drip off.
- Mix your sugars, apple cider spices and cinnamon together and toss each donut hole into the sugar mixture.
You might also like our:
- 2 Ingredient Mini Pumpkin Donuts Recipe – Your family will love these adorable and delicious 2 ingredient mini pumpkin donuts!
- 24 Apple Recipes to Make this Fall – Look no further! I have all the apple recipes you’ll ever need!
- Soft and Chewy Loaded Pumpkin Cookies – These Soft and Chewy Loaded Pumpkin Cookies are perfect with a cup of coffee on a chilly fall day.