I was given product to review in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.
Troll Pumpkins will make you want to sing and dance this Halloween!
Trolls are still the hottest character with my kids! I like them, too! They are so cute and fun and just provide this positive, dancing energy in my life whenever I see or hear them! So it was a no-brainer that I make my kids a Troll Pumpkin that will last forever!
How to make Troll Pumpkins
- Foam Sheets
- Orange Foam Pumpkin
- Teal Foam Pumpkin
- Permanent Markers
- Large Googly Eyes
- Hot Glue & Hot Glue Gun
- Pink Spray Paint
- Blue & Pink Faux Fur (grab this at your local craft store, it's sold by the yard)
- Chenille Stems
- Head into a well ventilated area and spray your orange pumpkin pink following the directions on the can. Let dry. A second coat may be necessary.
- Cut a piece of blue fur to make hair 9" x 10". Angle the edges so you have a trapezoid shape.
- Fold the long edge of the hair and glue with hot glue. This just creates a cleaner edge. Lay 3 pipe cleaners on the back side of the hair and attach them with hot glue. Trim excess. This will help stand your hair up.
- Attach hair to the pumpkin in a straight line. I found it easiest to attach the center of the hair with hot glue to the pumpkin and then attach the edges. Just make sure you keep the hair straight across.
- Use a blue foam sheet to cut out two years about 4" x 2-½". Cut out a small nose out of blue foam that measures about 3" x 1-½". With black foam, cut out eyebrows. Attach 2 eyes, eyebrows, ears and nose to the front of the pumpkin with hot glue.
- Add a crooked smile for Branch with a black permanent marker.
- To make Poppy, follow the same hair steps as Branch but use pink faux fur.
- Use pink foam to cut out a nose and ears for Poppy. Use black foam to cut out eye lashes and attach to the google eyes. Attach eyes, ears, and nose to the front of the pumpkin with hot glue.
- Cut out a green headband with blue flowers and green leaves out of foam sheets. Attach the flowers to the headband with hot glue. Attach the headband to Poppy's hair.
- Add a smile to Poppy's face with a black permanent marker.
That's it! Your Troll Pumpkins will last a lifetime as long as you keep them indoors and protected. Plus these pumpkins look super cute paired with this funky neon pumpkin.
Try some other Troll Crafts!
- Troll Crayons use a simple mold and new or used crayons.
- Troll Wig is no sew and perfect to wear for Halloween or anytime of the year!
- Troll Perler Bead Craft will have you putting your hair in the air!