Our Thanksgiving Pilgrim Hat Kids Craft is easy to make and only takes a few materials.
Thanksgiving is already next week and I love the time that we get to spend with Family. In our house we rotate every other Thanksgiving with either my parents or my husbands and do dessert. It makes a very busy Thanksgiving but at least we get to see our relatives that travel.
We have a lot of boys in both our families and little boys are always busy. That's why I like to have a few crafts handy for them to make while dinner is cooking and desserts are baking. It's always fun to make crafts that involve a little lesson with them because kids are always more involved in the actual lesson if they get to make a fun craft along with it.
This Thanksgiving Pilgrim Hat Kids Craft is a great way to teach about the origin of Thanksgiving and have fun in the process.
How to make our Thanksgiving Pilgrim Hat Kids Craft:
- Lay out a few pieces of scrap newspaper and spray your cups black in a well ventilated area and let them dry.
- Cut out a circle from your black felt ½" larger than the opening of your cup. Cut white felt strips that are 11" x ½".
- Turn your cups upside down and glue one felt circle onto the bottom of each cup with hot glue.
- Glue the white felt strip around the bottom of the cup.
- Cut a 1.5" x 1.5" square from your yellow felt, carefully cut a square out from the inside by folding the square in half and glue your yellow felt square to the white felt strip.
You might also enjoy our other Thanksgiving crafts:
- Thanksgiving Turkey Cork Crafts - Thanksgiving turkey cork crafts look great on your holiday table or displayed on their own.
- Thanksgiving Turkey Craft - This Thanksgiving turkey craft is easy to make and looks great in your home.
- 25 Thanksgiving Crafts for Kids - It’s time to be thankful and keep the kids busy with these fun Thanksgiving kids crafts!