Mashed Potato Bites are a tasty way to use up leftover mashed potatoes!
I love potatoes. Heck, I love any kind of carbs but potatoes are right up there along with delicious, fresh, homemade bread! I could eat potatoes every day of the week if I had too, even sweet potatoes which don’t have as many carbs but are still super duper delish! When I make mashed potatoes I literally use a 5 pound bag of russet potatoes. I know a potato doesn’t really qualify as a vegetable but my kids love potatoes as much as I do and would eat them with every meal so when I make them, I make a lot of them!
Mashed potatoes are awesome for leftovers. I love to reheat and eat them as-is, but sometimes I like to mix it up a bit and try new recipes. For this easy recipe I threw together leftover mashed potatoes, shredded cheese and green onions, three of my favorites things. I could eat these bites as a meal or they would also make a great appetizer or side dish. Serve with a side of sour cream and you can’t eat just one! Make sure you have a mini muffin tin because the smaller the mashed potato bite, the more crunchy on the outside and creamy on the inside it will be!
Mashed Potato Bites Recipe
- 2 C. leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 egg
- 1 C. shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ C. green onions, chopped
- sour cream (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and spray a 12 count mini muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the leftover mashed potatoes with the egg, shredded cheese and green onions.
- Fill each mini muffin tin with the mashed potato mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from over and let cool a few minutes.
- Serve with sour cream.
You will also want to try our: