If your little girl is in love with her American Girl Dolls, she will love this tutorial for an Easy No Sew American Girl Doll Sleeping Bag.
As a little girl I loved dolls and Barbies but never had an American Girl Doll. I enjoyed looking through the catalogs and circling everything I wanted but then I look back on it and I think it’s probably a good thing I didn’t have one, because I loved giving my dolls hair cuts and doing their make-up. Then I hid them so my mom wouldn’t find out I ruined my dolls, Haha! Well, since my family is a family of boys now and a lot of my friends have daughters that have adorable American Girl dolls, I get to create cute things for them.
How to Make an American Girl Doll Sleeping Bag
If you know how to make a no-sew fleece blanket, you can make one of these no sew sleeping bags. Just pick out a 1/2 yard of two different fleece fabrics, grab some scissors, and a ruler and get comfy on your floor for 30 minutes or so.
- The first thing you want to do is cut out two 26″ x 18″ pieces of fleece, one from one patterned fabric and one from a solid piece.
- Then cut another patterned piece 20″ x 18″ and stack them large patterned, large solid, and smaller patterned lined up at the bottom.
- Now cut out 3 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ squares from each corner.
- Roll down the top piece of fabric twice and begin cutting your sides into about 1″ strips starting at the bottom, tying each 1″ stacked layer into a double knot.
- Cut and tie your right side and work your way around (the only piece that might be hard to tie are the folded layers on each side).
The best part is sliding your doll inside and having a sleepover. These also make great gifts, so make sure to whip up a few for your daughters friends and their American Girl Dolls!
You might also enjoy:
- Natural Essential Oil Air Fresheners Recipe
- Fun and Easy DIY Homework Station
- 10 Unique DIY Pallet Projects