This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CampbellsShortcutMeals #CollectiveBias
This 5 minute Instant Pot Southwest Chicken Recipe will have your family asking for seconds!
Have you jumped on the Instant Pot bandwagon yet? If not, you really need to consider this investment. Head to Walmart and grab this Instant Pot, which also has a slow cooker function, so in reality, you’re getting a 2-for-1 kitchen appliance. Which means it takes up less space in your kitchen, an added bonus!
I don’t always plan ahead and 3pm comes around and I have no idea what I’m cooking for dinner. The next thing I know, it’s 4pm and then dinnertime and I have hungry children. I usually throw something together, but with the instant pot, I can quickly make hot meals my family will eat!
Once you have your Instant Pot, you are ready to shop for delicious Campbell Soup Company product ingredients! Hover over the photo to click through to Walmart.com and purchase them!
I love using Pace® Salsa to give my recipe that genuine southwest flavor. Plus, you can use mild, medium or hot salsa, giving this recipe a flavor you prefer. I cannot tolerate heat, so I always use Pace® Mild Salsa.
I serve my Southwest Chicken Recipe with V8 Splash®. Made with real fruits and vegetables, and packed with essential antioxidant vitamins A & C, my kids have no idea it’s a nutritious drink. They think it’s a special treat and often ask for “more, please!”
I like to use fresh chicken for my Southwest Chicken Recipe, but you can also make this recipe on the stove top if you haven’t invested in an Instant Pot yet. Just swap the fresh chicken for Swanson® Premium Chicken. It’s already cooked and ready to be heated. Your family will love this meal no matter which you choose!
- 1 jar (16 oz) Pace® Chunky Salsa (mild, medium or hot)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 thin sliced boneless chicken breasts (or use 2 cans Swanson® Premium Chicken if making on the stove top)
- Rice - white or brown, prepared according to package directions
- Shredded Cheese (optional)
- Sour Cream (optional)
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of your instant pot.
- Pour black beans and salsa on top of chicken, using a spoon to make sure the chicken is covered completely.
- Seal the instant pot cover and close the steam release valve. Set the pressure to manual, high pressure for 5 minutes.
- When finished cooking, let set for 2 minutes and open the lid. You shouldn't have to release the pressure as 2 minutes is enough time for it to release naturally.
- Serve chicken, salsa and bean over a bed of rice. Top with cheese and sour cream if desired.
- Place salsa, black beans and canned chicken in a large stock pot. Heat on medium low heat until heated through.
- Serve mixture over a bed of rice and top with cheese and sour cream if desired.
If you need more recipe inspiration, click here!
Try some of our other instant pot recipes, you won’t be disappointed!