You will be excited to make these paper pumpkins to dress up the fall decorations in your home.
There's a time between Halloween and Christmas that people in America call Thanksgiving. I call it a precursor for Christmas binging on amazing food, drinks, family and friends. The Halloween tricks and treats are over and we are deep into fall and moving toward the winter months. I find that I'm always searching for fall decorations for my home and when I made this easy paper pumpkin banner, I knew it needed to shared with my readers. It works great for Halloween and can be kept on display for Thanksgiving, too!
Let's not waste any more time on chatter, but get started! Grab these things and get busy!
- 12x12 scrapbook paper (one sheet will make 2 pumpkins) I used recollections orange small dot paper
- green cardstock
- paper twimmer with cutting and scoring blade
- hot glue
- Use a paper trimmer to cut your 12x12 sheets in half to 12x6.
- Use the scoring blade on your paper trimmer to score the sheets of paper, on the short side, every ½".
- Fold the paper on the scores, an accordion/fan fold. Crease well and flatten.
- Fold the flattened piece in half, and glue the two ends together with hot glue to form a semi-circle. Repeat and glue the other ends together using hot glue and creating a full circle.
- Cut a stem shape out of green card stock. Attach to the pumpkin with hot glue.
- Wrap thin strips, about 6" x ¼" in length, around a pencil to create the vines. Attach vines with hot glue.
To hang the garland, I like to use command hooks. Pull out a length of twine necessary for your area. Add 8" onto it and slip knot each end. Hook onto your command hooks and make sure you're happy with the way it looks/the length you see.
I like to attach my pumpkins onto the twine when the twine is hanging. This allows me to easily find the center point by measuring it in half and placing the pumpkins about 6-8" apart. Attach the pumpkin stems onto the twine using hot glue.
How will you hang your fall decorations? Share with us in the comments below!