Our Asian Pasta Salad is full of flavor and perfect for any BBQ.
You know it’s officially summer when you host or get invited to the first summer BBQ of the season. With outdoor seating, cold drinks and a huge selection of yummy food, summer BBQs are my favorite. I especially love the ones that end with a bonfire, fireworks and family games like Can Toss or Yard Dice.
Our first BBQ of the season was a few weeks ago and I was asked to bring two side dishes (the best part). I could fill up on all the yummy side dishes before I even think about grabbing a brat or hotdog, because you can have those anytime. But I love to taste everyone’s side dishes and yummy desserts.
I knew I wanted to make a pasta salad but I had a little extra time to make something a little different, I love anything Asian so I thought I would combine the two and make an Asian Pasta Salad complete with crunchy carrots and a sweet dressing with a kick of red pepper flakes.
How to make our Asian Pasta Salad:
This is the perfect salad to make ahead. Simply cook your pasta and cut your veggies and chill. Make your dressing and place it into a mason jar and refrigerate. The next day, toss all ingredients together before serving at your favorite summer BBQ.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Boil your noodles in a large pot until al dente, strain the noodles, rinse with cold water and place in the fridge for an hour.
- Lay out your sesame seeds onto one baking sheet and your almonds onto another and bake for 5 minutes, tossing every couple minutes to make sure they do not burn. Let cool.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine your extra virgin olive oil, rice vinegar, brown sugar, sesame oil, soy sauce and red pepper flakes and mix well.
- Stir in your toasted sesame seeds, pour into a mason jar, place the lid on and shake.
- Place your salad dressing in the fridge until noodles are cool.
- Add your noodles, carrots, bell pepper, green onions and almonds to a large mixing bowl and toss.
- Pour your dressing over your Asian Noodle Salad and mix well.
I love this salad served with grilled chicken. The veggies and almonds give it a great crunch and the dressing has amazing flavor with a touch of spice.
You might also enjoy our:
- Taco Pasta Salad Recipe – Light, tasty and perfect for warmer temperatures, this taco pasta salad is an easy go-to dish for spring and summer!
- Easy Pasta Salad – Your family will love this classic easy pasta salad that is perfect for all occasions!
- Low Carb Keto Friendly Egg Salad – This low carb Keto friendly egg salad recipe is perfect for a light lunch or a quick snack.
Asian Pasta Salad Dressing Ingredients:
Asian Salad Dressing