Light, tasty and perfect for warmer temperatures, this taco pasta salad is an easy go-to dish for spring and summer!
My family and I love tacos and any type of food that has a yummy southwest flair to it. Now that all three of our kids are in school all day, Monday through Friday, my husband and I often sneak away and have lunch together at a local deli. The deli makes all their food homemade and has a giant cold case with salads and other various precooked items you can order by request. My husband and I often split a bowl of soup and a sandwich but no matter what we order we always get a large dish of the homemade taco pasta salad to share. It’s so good.
My mother-in-law and her sisters made taco pasta salad for their families when my husband was younger and passed along the recipe to me. It’s so easy and so good. Plus, it’s cold so it’s perfect for a quick and easy summer meal! I could eat it everyday of the week but we usually only make it during the warmer months. It’s also perfect for potlucks!
Taco Pasta Salad Recipe
- 16 oz rotini noodles
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- ½ C. onion, chopped
- ½ C. green or black olives, sliced
- 2 C. shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 C. French or Catalina salad dressing + extra for serving
- salt & pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water and the olive oil to a boil. Add in the rotini noodles and cook on a rolling boil 10-12 minutes. Remove from heat drain and rinse the pasta under cold water.
- Brown the ground beef and drain grease. Add in the taco seasoning and stir to combine.
- Once the pasta has cooled, combine the pasta, ground beef, onion, olives cheese, salad dressing and salt & pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Add more dressing if needed.