Our Easy Tin Can Ball Toss Game is the perfect backyard game and it only takes a few minutes to make.
I've been trying hard to recycle everything in our house that can be recycled but for this Easy Tin Can Ball Toss Game I wanted to reuse our vegetable and soup cans and make a backyard game that my Son and his friends can practice pitching or use toss the ball around.
It did take a little bit to save up 6 cans because we mainly use can goods as quick lunches or if I don't feel like making fresh veggies but I didn't know Amazon sells tin cans in sets of 12 so you could make a larger Tin Can Ball Toss Game if you wanted or just not have to save up your cans.
You can use any kind of scrapbook paper but I chose to use 4th of July patterns so we can use it around the 4th.
How to make our Easy Tin Can Ball Toss Game:
- 6 empty and clean tin cans
- 3 sheets of 12 x 12" scrapbook paper
- hot glue/glue gun
- balls for throwing
- Lay a can onto a piece of scrapbook paper to measure what size your paper strips need to be. If you use a basic 15oz can, measure off 6 4" x 10" sheets of paper (two of each pattern).
- Cut out your 6 strips of paper.
- Carefully glue one short end of the paper strip to the outside of a tin can, wrap the other side around tightly and hot glue the other end to the can.
- Your paper wrapped cans should be look like the picture above.
- Stack your cans outside. Three on the bottom, two in the middle and one of top and start throwing those balls.
My son was so excited when he saw the Easy Tin Can Ball Toss Game sitting on the edge of the fireplace in the backyard and couldn't wait to get us all outside to play a game of family Tin Can Ball Toss.
You might also like our other outdoor activities:
DIY Yard Dice Lawn Game-Any outdoor lawn game is a must for summer! Our DIY Yard Dice Game will be a hit at your next gathering!
9 Things to do When Camping With Kids -Are you going camping as a family and don’t know what to do? Check out our 9 Things to do When Camping With Kids.
DIY Spray Chalk -Our DIY Spray Chalk is super fun to play with and only takes a few ingredients.