Kids will love these sports valentine cards for their classmates!
I don’t know about you but those boxed Valentine’s Day cards for kids that you buy at the store drive me nuts! When I was a kid, we’d buy a box of Valentine’s Day cards and it came with envelopes. They were cheezy and cheap little envelopes, but at least they held your valentine and made opening fun. Now, the cards simply fold in half and are affixed with a cheezy little sticker or just a ‘notch’ that never seems to hold.
So I decided to make my own Sports Valentine Cards for my kids (a boy and a girl) to give away for Valentine’s Day! These printable Valentine’s Day cards are very gender neutral and not super mushy so kids, especially boys, don’t feel awkward giving them away.
PLUS, I’ve added a sucker to them so it doesn’t need an envelope and has a fun sweet treat for the kids to enjoy!
How to Make Sports Valentine Cards
You’ll need to grab our free printable. Once you download the printable, open it in Adobe Acrobat and make sure you print it on card stock. Double check the print dialogue box to make sure the boxes that say “fit to page” or “scale to fit” are UNCHECKED. You don’t want the size adjusted on your sports valentine cards!
- Sports Valentine Cards Printed on Card Stock (please note, this pdf file has 5 pages. Page 1 is the assortment of sports as shown in the photos. Pages 2-5 are specific sports. For example, one page is all football, one page is all soccer, one page is all basketball, etc. When printing, simply check “all” pages or specific pages.)
- Paper Trimmer or Scissors
- Hole Punch
- Once your Valentines are printed on card stock, use a paper trimmer or scissors to cut them out.
- Have your child write who the cards are to and from on the cards. You can do this on the front in the extra space or on the back.
- Use a hole punch to punch the circles on the cards.
- Thread a sucker stick through the two holes and deliver to your favorite Valentine!
I didn’t need to attach the sucker to the card, as it fit fine as long as you tuck the card up into the wrapper of the sucker. Otherwise, you can attach a small piece of tape across the sucker stick on the back of the card and the sucker will stay in place.
Do you need some additional Valentine’s Day cards to print and give? We have lots!
- Mustache Valentine’s Day Cards with printable for you to give a fun non-edible treat to kids.
- Trolls Snack Mix with printable Valentine’s Day cards for a sweet classroom treat.
- Donut Valentine Cards with printable use cute little stuffed donuts as a gift for kids.
- Eyeglass Valentine Cards give kids a fun set of faux glasses to wear.
- Lego Crayon Valentine Cards with free printable.