If your kids like sandwiches and you want a fun and easy idea for their lunches, using your air fryer is a great choice. These air fryer ham and cheese biscuit sandwiches are super easy to make and delicious. Only three ingredients are needed, and less than 10 minutes time to whip up a batch for a snack or lunch.
Air Fryer Ham and Cheese Biscuits
Sometimes the simplest of foods are the best. While we all love homemade fresh buttermilk biscuits, it’s just not always handy. So, keeping canned biscuits in the refrigerator is a must in our house. They are a great addition at breakfast, can be served at dinner, and this option turns them into a sandwich.
The best part of this recipe? It is definitely a kid-tested and mother approved meal!
What’s the Best Biscuit for These?
Pillsbury Grands biscuits work well for this, but any brand or type of canned biscuit with layers works. You need to be able to pull the biscuit apart so that it makes two rounds instead of one. I find flaky biscuits are best for this.
Additionally, you want the larger biscuits found in the 8 count tube, not the small ones. A 3″ or larger biscuit is preferred over the smaller 2″ ones. Of course, you can use smaller biscuits, but if so you will need to reduce the amount of filling you put inside them.
Can I Use Any Other Fillings?
You can definitely use any fillings you want! Below are a few ideas that are great for use with canned biscuits to give you a different flavor but same easy process.
- Turkey and Swiss
- Roast beef and provolone
- Pepperoni and mozzarella
- Ground beef and taco seasoning
- Sloppy Joe mix with ground meat
- Shredded chicken or pulled pork and barbecue sauce
- Roasted vegetables and cheese
- Spinach and mushroom with ricotta
What Can I Serve to Dip These Into?
In our house ham and cheese always has a bit of mustard on the sandwich, but when cooking like this, it doesn’t taste as good. So, sometimes we serve them with a dipping sauce or condiments on the side. Below are a few ideas that taste good with this flavor profile.
- Honey mustard
- Dijon mustard
- Ranch dressing
- Poppyseed dressing
- Barbecue sauce
Can I Make These to Freeze Ahead of Time?
Yes! While I prefer them made fresh since they only take 8 minutes, you can make these in batches and freeze them. If you prepare ahead of time, you can freeze them before or after cooking.
If freezing them raw, you can either thaw in the refrigerator and cook as directed, or place in the air fryer frozen and add 3 to 4 minutes to the cook time.
- Canned biscuits
- Deli ham slices
- Cheese slices
- Non-stick cooking spray
What Kitchen Tools Do You Need?
For this recipe, you really only need the ingredients and your air fryer. Since air fryers come in different models and types, yours may look a bit different than what we used. Below are the most recommended air fryer brands. The one shown is a Cosori Air Fryer Max XL as shown below.
How to Make Air Fryer Ham and Cheese Biscuits
Pull apart each biscuit creating 2 equal rounds.
Flatten the biscuit rounds with your fingers.
Place ham on top of half the rounds.
And then cheese slices on top of the ham.
Place the second round on top of each of these and then seal around the edges with a fork or pinching with your fingers.
Spray your air fryer basket with non-stick spray, then place the biscuit pockets in a single layer in the basket.
Lightly spray the tops of your biscuits with non-stick spray.
Cook for 4 minutes at 350°F then turn.
Once turned over, cook for an additional 4 minutes until lightly browned and biscuits are cooked through.
Repeat with additional batches until all biscuit pockets are cooked.
More Easy Recipes
If you want some easy recipes to add to your menu, check out some of the ones below. They are fast, easy, delicious, and kid-friendly. The perfect meal type for your family weeknight menu.
- DIY Uncrustable Sandwiches
- Honey Ham Egg Salad Sandwich
- Beer Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Delicious Egg Salad Sandwich Recipe
- Mozzarella Pesto Grilled Cheese
If you are a fan of using your air fryer, you may appreciate my debut cookbook: Mediterranean Air Fryer: 95 Healthy Recipes to Fry, Roast, Bake, and Grill. A perfect guide to using your air fryer for delicious Mediterranean Diet approved recipes.
- 1 (8 count) can flaky biscuits
- 4 slices deli ham
- 4 slices cheese
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Pull apart each biscuit creating 2 equal rounds.
- Flatten the biscuit rounds with your fingers.
- Place ham and cheese slices into the center of 1/2 of the rounds.
- Place the second round on top of each of these and then seal around the edges with a fork or pinching with your fingers.
- Spray your air fryer basket with non-stick spray, then place the biscuit pockets in a single layer in the basket.
- Lightly spray the tops of your biscuits with non-stick spray.
- Cook for 4 minutes at 350°F then turn.
- Once turned over, cook for an additional 4 minutes until lightly browned and biscuits are cooked through.
- Repeat with additional batches until all biscuit pockets are cooked.
Substitute the filling with your preferred lunchmeat and cheese.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 185Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 507mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 11g