This Apple of My Eye Valentine is much more than easy, it is are fun and adorable, too.
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and if you haven’t started decorating your house and stocking up on Valentine’s Day candy and chocolates, then you should start. I love Valentine’s Day. Well I actually love most holidays but Valentine’s day is one of my favorites!
I just recently painted a really cool hutch that I found in my Father-in-Law’s storage unit so now I’m having fun decorating it with seasonal decor and DIY crafts.
If you’re planning on having your kids make their own Valentines or are helping them make their own, then our Easy Apple of My Eye Valentine’s are perfect. They are easy to make with things you probably already have laying around the house.
How to make our Easy Apple of My Eye Valentines:
- green, red, brown and white card stock
- black permanent marker
- 1/8″ white ribbon
- glue stick
- hole punch
- Draw an apple onto your red card stock (if you’re not a great drawer, print out out online and trace it).
- Cut your apple out with scissors, along with a green leaf and a brown stem.
- Use your glue stick to glue the brown stem over the red stem and a green leaf on the side of the stem.
- Use your hole puncher to punch a hole on the top side of the apple.
- String a piece of ribbon through the hole. Cut a small rectangle out of white card stock and punch a hole in the corner and string your white ribbon on that hole as well. Tie a knot onto the ribbon.6. Write “Valentine you are the apple of my eyes” with a black marker onto your white rectangle and your Valentine is ready to hand out. Just don’t forget the to and from.
I love handmade Valentines. They are so much more fun to receive than getting the same old multiples from all your friends. What are the favorite kind of Valentine you or your kids have made? Let us know in the comments section below.
You might also like other other handmade Valentines:
- Mustache Valentine Cards with a Free Printable – If you Mustache I love Valentine’s Day and our Mustache Valentine Cards with a Free Printable.
- Donut Valentines with Free Printable Valentine Cards – If you’re a donut lover like me, you’ll love these Donut Valentines with Free Printable Valentine Cards.
- Printable Valentine Cards – These printable valentine cards are great for classroom parties!