These printable valentine cards are great for classroom parties!
I try to send my kids to school with non-candy treats during their classroom holiday parties. I know it might not seem too fun, but with 24 kids in a classroom and if half of the kids bring something and it’s candy, that’s A LOT of candy. This year I stumbled upon these awesome kid’s glasses at Walmart and knew they would be perfect for a classroom Valentine card exchange.
I’m not against giving my kids candy. What drives me nuts is that they ask for it all. the. time. It seems like they take one sip of milk and ask, “Can I have a candy now?” Or three bites of dinner and ask if it’s time for “dessert.” If my kids know there is candy in the house, they will ask for it after each meal and consider it an option as a snack. Therefore if I can keep no more than 1 serving size of candy in the house at a time, my life is so much easier — not to mention my waistline!
My kids love wearing faux glasses. They actually each have a pair from Claire’s. I’m amazed they can even see out of them because the lenses are so scratched! I made these super cute printable Valentine cards to accompany the fun spectacles that your child can give to his/her friends on Valentine’s Day! Oh and the added bonus — they are allergy free for those classmates with dietary restrictions!
- Paper Trimmer or Scissors
- Printable — printed on card stock (link below)
- Paper Punch
- Cute Plastic Toy Glasses
- Glue Dots
- Google Eyes
- Use a paper trimmer to trim the printable into 4 separate cards.
- Place the set of eye glasses onto the printable and make a small mark with a pencil where the earpiece stops.
- Use a paper punch to punch holes into the card where the pencil lines are. Slide your glasses into the holes and fold the glasses up to secure them to the card. Now, at this point you might get upset with me because your cards are all bubbly and folded. (as shown) If that’s the case, make the holes a little bigger to accommodate the glasses and they will lay flat.
- Use glue dots to attach the google eyes.
- Repeat until you have the desired number of valentine cards.