Our Make Your Own Trolls Crayons are full of happiness and rainbows.
One of the biggest Birthday party themes this year is Trolls and we understand why kids are in love with them! They are bright and colorful, love to sing, dance, and hug. And with “Can’t Stop The Feeling” by Justin Timberlake being one of the main songs, it’s hard not to be happy and dance while watching this amazing movie.
When I saw the Trolls Jell-O mold while grocery shopping I quickly snagged it knowing it would come in handy. With this mold being plastic and not silicone, I knew I couldn’t easily pop it in the oven like I did with my Lego Crayons. So I improvised and they came out fantastic. Plus, if you put them in a little clear snack bag and tie it off with colorful twine, they make great party favors.
How to Make Your Own Trolls Crayons:
- Trolls Jell-O Mold (I found mine at Meijer)
- Box of Crayola Crayons
- Empty and Clean Metal Cans
- Cheese Knife
- Cutting Board
- Hot Pad
- Separate your crayons into 3’s by grouping like colors together, they don’t have to match up perfectly.
- Carefully score each crayon with your cheese knife and peel the wrapper off with your nails (some come off easier than others).
- Break your 3 crayons, place them into the bottom of your metal can, and place the can into a shallow sauce pan of boiling water for a couple minutes (they melt quick).
- Stir your crayons a few times using a long craft stick but be careful because the steam and the can will be hot.
- Use a hot pad to grab one side of your can and pour it intoo one Trolls mold.
- Repeats steps 1-5 using a different color group.
- Place your mold on a flat surface in the freezer for about 30 minutes, carefully stretch out the sides of your mold, and gently press up on the bottom to remove your Trolls crayons.
You might also like our other Trolls crafts and treats: