Our Paper Plate Acorn Craft for Kids is the perfect project to make during a chilly Fall day.
There are a lot of times during the Fall when I want to curl up on the couch in a big sweatshirt under a big blanket or just craft and watch a movie and it really is the perfect time to do so. During the day we usually like to get out and walk around town to enjoy the weather and get a warm cup of coffee but on those cold and rainy days we just like to stay in. There’s usually football on so that gives me the free time to do some arts and crafts with my son.
We always have paper plates in the house because they really can be turned into anything. We’ve made April the Giraffe, Mother’s Day Crafts, and Jill made some awesome Angry Birds by simply starting with a few paper plates so of course it was our go to when we wanted to make acorns.
How to make our Paper Plate Acorn Craft for Kids:
- Paper plates
- Cream, brown, and orange acrylic craft paint
- Elmer’s craft glue
- Paint brushes
- Brown yarn
- Shredded brown paper
- Cut the top of a two paper plates off, paint them brown, and let dry.
- Cut two paper plates into triangles, paint the triangles by mixing a little orange with a little cream paint, and let dry.
- Glue your brown painted plates onto the rounded part of your triangles.
- Cut a small 5″ piece of yarn, fold in half, tie into a knot, and glue the knot onto the top of the brown painted plate.
- Glue a small handful of shredded brown paper under each acorn and let dry.
What are your favorite family activities to do during the Fall? Let us know in the comment section below!
You might also like our other Fall crafts and ideas: