This easy DIY Candy Corn decor will look great all through the fall season and Halloween!
What do you think of when you think of fall and Halloween? My mind immediately thinks candy corn! Who doesn’t know candy corn? Some people love them and others, not so much, but they sure do go hand in hand with fall and Halloween! I love Halloween and as soon as late summer rolls around I start thinking about how I want to decorate for fall. Waiting in line at the grocery store I often thumb through the Martha Stewart Halloween magazines and day dream how it would be awesome to have a home just for showcasing spooky decor! Fall and Halloween decorations don’t have to be expensive and I just love recreating old ideas as well as thinking of new ones!
Today I am showing you how to make these DIY candy corn fall decor that aren’t edible but just as sweet. Pun intended! You only need a few materials: orange, white and yellow colored yarn, scissors, 6″ foam craft cones and a hot glue gun. The candy corns won’t take very long to make and you can be back outside enjoying the gorgeous fall weather in no time. So let’s get started!
- Allow the glue gun to heat up.
- Add a small dollop of hot glue to the base of the cone and place one end of the yellow yarn on the glue. Hold the yarn in place for a few seconds until the glue sets (see photo).
- Gently wrap the yellow yarn around the base of the cone, adding a few extra drops of hot glue every few inches. This will allow the yarn to stay in place and not slip off the cone.
- Wrap about 2.5″ of the base of the cone with the yellow yarn. Cut the yarn and add a dollop of hot glue to secure it in place.
- Once the base is wrapped in yellow yarn, add a dollop of hot glue to the foam right above the yellow yarn and place the end of the orange yarn in the glue. Hold a few seconds until it sets and then start wrapping the yarn around the cone until you have covered another 2 inches of the cone. Cut the yarn and secure to the cone with hot glue.
- Add a drop of hot glue and begin wrapping the white yarn to finish the candy corn cone.
- Once you get to the top of the cone, add a few drops of hot glue along the top edge to hold the white yarn. Snip the end and display!