This Trolls Poppy Popsicle Stick Craft for Kids will have you thinking it’s all cupcakes and rainbows in no time.
One of my favorite things about Poppy from the Trolls movie is that she is not only the leader but also responsible, positive and upbeat all the time. I love her pink skin and sparkles too. So out of all the cute and adorable Trolls I chose to make her but you can always extend the group and make your favorites too.
- Popsicle sticks
- Bright and light pink craft paint
- Green, blue, and bright pink felt
- Pink buttons for nose (optional, or use felt)
- Blue tissue paper squares for flowers (optional, or use felt)
- Bright pink faux fur
- Googly eyes
- Foam paint brush
- Hot glue/hot glue gun
- Cut one of your popsicle sticks in half and place them horizontally about 1 1/2″ apart and glue 7 sticks vertically onto the two shorter ones.
- Paint your sticks pink with your foam paint brush and let dry.
- Cut a nose and 2 ears our from your pink felt and glue the ears to the middle back side of the popsicle sticks and the nose in the center.
- Glue two googly eyes above the nose.
- Cut out a piece of faux fur that measures 1″ wider than your popsicle stick troll and about 4-5″ tall.
- Glue your faux fur above the eyes, turn your troll over and glue the top two sides into a point and secure the edges by gluing them to the back of the popsicle sticks.
- Cut out a thin green rectangle headband the width of the hair and secure with glue.
- Now you can either cut out small flower from your blue felt and glue them to the headband or glue small pieces of blue tissue paper to the headband like pictured.
- Draw a smiley face below the nose with your black Sharpie and little eyelashes coming from the eyes.
- Dip your fingertip in light pink paint and dab it onto the cheeks for blush.
Which Trolls character is your favorite and why? Let us know in the comment section below!
You might also enjoy our other Trolls crafts/recipes:
Nice…all the kids went crazy over this! Thanks for the step by step guide!
Sharing popsicle frames with you