Looking for a leftover ham recipes? Easter has come and gone and it’s the perfect time to make our Ham Broccoli Tarts!
If you’re like me, you never know what size ham or turkey to purchase at the store. I grab one with a price that looks “right” to me at the time. I have no idea how much I really need to buy for my family and I always end up with left overs. And I’m okay with that because my kids LOVE HAM! I don’t know why, but whenever I make ham, they ask for a second and third helping. I also like ham but get tired, very quickly of having a cold ham sandwich for lunch, so I spice it up with a grilled ham and cheese and even after that, I’m sick of ham and always have more left. I’m always looking for leftover ham recipes after a holiday meal.
One thing I like to do is dice my ham and measure it into to 1 cup seal-able bags and freeze the ham. Ham freezes very well and you can use it to make homemade pizza with my 2 ingredient pizza crust, or try my latest honey ham egg salad sandwich. And if you still have ham after that, make these ham broccoli tart cups.
These tart cups are a great option for lunch or dinner and my kids love their small size, so they are always a hit at my house. Plus, you can shape the dough into balls and refrigerate overnight for a quick and easy weeknight meal. You’ll just need to use a little more elbow grease to shape the dough into tarts as it will be hard. But a tart shaper will make your life a whole lot easier.
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup flour
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup whipped cream
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- ½ cup diced ham
- ½ cup broccoli, cooked and cut into small pieces
- Grease a mini muffin tin with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 425.
- Add cream cheese, butter, ¾ cup flour and cornmeal together in a mixing bowl. Beat until combined. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shape into 1" balls and press into prepared pan using a tart shaper dipped in flour
- Add egg, cream, 1 tablespoon flour in a mixing bowl and whisk well. Add ham, cheese and broccoli and stir to coat.
- Spoon into prepared tart cups and bake for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325 and loosely cover with foil.
- Bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until center is set.
What are your favorite go-to leftover ham recipes?