This easy leftover shepherd’s pie recipe is so delicious your family won’t realize it’s made from leftovers!
Do you ever just open the fridge door and then stand there staring? I do this, a lot. Sometimes it’s because I want a snack. Other times it’s because I’m trying to figure out what to make for dinner. My family is pretty basic. We eat the same meals every few weeks and then I’m stuck eating leftovers for the next few days. Don’t get me wrong, leftovers aren’t awful but sometimes the stuff sitting in the fridge just gets tossed and it’s such a waste.
Over the last 6 months, I’ve been on a my own mission to not let leftovers go to waste. Yes, I still have the occasional old cauliflower to toss or the old noodles to kick to the curb, but lately it’s been a lot less food going into the trash and I am loving it. Plus, I love being creative with the leftovers. I always have staples on hand like frozen veggies and shredded cheese and I love to create new meal creations out of the old stuff that would normally go to waste.
This easy leftover shepherd’s pie uses leftover ground beef (you could easily substitute ground turkey), leftover mashed potatoes, frozen veggies and shredded cheese to top if all off. It’s so easy to make and even the kids liked it.
- 1½ C. cooked ground beef
- ¾ C. frozen peas, green beans & carrots
- 2 C. prepared mashed potatoes
- 1½ C. shredded colby jack cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray and small baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the cooked ground beef and frozen vegetables and add to the bottom of the baking dish.
- Spread the mashed potatoes over the ground beef and vegetable mixture.
- Sprinkle the top with cheese and add salt & pepper.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.
You will also want to try our: