This is the Teal Pumpkin Project Painted Pumpkin that you can use year after year!
Adding a teal pumpkin to your front porch means you are participating in the Teal Pumpkin Project. The Teal Pumpkin Project raises awareness for food allergies and promotes inclusion of all trick-or-treaters during Halloween by offering non-food treats like small toys, stickers and glow sticks. It makes for a safe Halloween for kids with food allergies and also for the littler kids which parents might rather a some stickers than gum or hard candies.
Although we have no food allergies in our house, we thought we would participate this year since food allergies are on the rise. With our Teal Pumpkin Project Painted Pumpkin you can use it year after year which is really quite handy.
How to make our Teal Pumpkin Project Painted Pumpkin
- cardboard pumpkin
- teal and white acrylic craft paint
- foam paint brushes
- teal glitter
- Elmer’s glue
- clear polyurethane spray paint (optional)
- Lay out a few pieces of paper or newspaper before your get started.
- Paint your pumpkin white and let dry (this will make the teal color a lot brighter).
- Paint your pumpkin teal and let dry.
- Use your Elmer’s glue to draw a wavy circle onto the top of your pumpkin and spread out the glue evenly with your fingertip.
- Hold your pumpkin over the garbage and coat the top with teal glitter and shake off any excess glitter.
- You can spray your pumpkin with a clear coat of polyurethane spray paint to hold the glitter in place and give a shiny finish.
You might also enjoy our:
- Troll Pumpkins to make for Halloween – Troll Pumpkins will make you want to sing and dance this Halloween!
- DIY Fuse Bead Pumpkin Keychain – This pumpkin keychain is easy to make and a fun fall project for the kids!
- Fall Decorations – Paper Pumpkins – You will be excited to make these paper pumpkins to dress up the fall decorations in your home.