Our list of 25 DIY Creative Kids Halloween Costumes is perfect for Halloween!
Halloween is only weeks away and the hunt for the perfect costume is on! My kids have already picked out their Halloween costumes as we are going on vacation out of country this coming week. I wanted to be prepared ahead of time because we get back only days before Halloween and I won’t have time to order any costumes, nor do I want to head to the store and look through over picked options in sizes that don’t fit my kids!
This year my middle kiddo is going again as a cow in my No Sew Moo Cow Costume. She loves cows so it was a no brainer to make her costume again this year. Last year she went as a slice of pizza that was a hit at school. Little sister is proudly wearing it this year!
Because I love DIY kids Halloween costumes, I’ve put together a list of 25 awesomely creative DIY kids Halloween costumes. I’ve hand picked each and every one and I hope you love them as much as I do!
25 DIY Creative Kids Halloween Costumes
- How to Make An Easy Unicorn Costume for Kids from 5 Minutes for Mom – Oh. My. Goodness. My daughters would FLIP over this adorable and easy to make costume!
- Hot Air Balloon Costume from Everyday Best – Another unique costume made from a box. Creative and inexpensive!
- Lego Man Costume from The Project Denneler – Wow! My son would flip over this Lego Halloween costume.
- Easy No Sew Kids Pizza Costume from Craft Create Cook is perfect for pizza loving kids AND parents too!
- Umbrella Bat from Mother Natured – Wow! Talk about a fantastic upcycle, create a unique bat costume from an old umbrella!
- DIY No Sew Mr. Potato Head Costume for Kids and Adult from Arts & Crackers is so easy to make and looks fabulous.
- DIY Princess Leia Costume from Buggy and Buddy – Have a Star Wars fan in your house? This Princess Leia costume comes together in a snap!
- No Sew DIY Bird Costume from Fantastic Fun and Learning – Super cute for any kiddo and even better, it’s NO sew!
- Raggedy Ann & Andy from Intelligent Domestications is great for multiple siblings.
- Wednesday Addams from Slap Dash Mom is perfect to throw together quickly (who doesn’t have black clothes laying around?) and easy to put together!
- Garden Gnome Costume from Adventure in a Box – How adorable is this little guy? I love that a child (or adult) of any age could totally pull off this costume!
- Cat In The Hat and Thing 1 & Thing 2 from Mission to Save are perfect for Dr. Suess fans!
- DIY Construction Worker Costume from Making of A Mom is great for the construction fanatic in your house.
- No Sew Moo Cow Costume from Craft Create Cook – NEW on Craft Create Cook this year and SO cute!
- DIY Frankenstein Halloween Costume from Mommy’s Bundle – Perfect for using clothes and materials you already have on hand!
- DIY Kids Tutu Scarecrow Costume from The Frugal Navy Wife is adorable (my daughter modeling) and gets so many compliments!
- Easy Football Themed Family Costumes from Barefeet on the Dashboard is great and I love than we probably have everything on hand to put it together!
- Mickey and Pals Costumes from The Chirping Moms – How FUN are these iconic Disney inspired character costumes and totally easy for any mom to put together!
- DIY Garfield Costume from Adventures of Mel is perfect for any cat lover! I think if you aren’t a great sewer, simply order an orange sweatshirt and pants from Primary.com (awesome color selection!) and you’d be good to go!
- Cardboard Dragon Costume Tutorial from Create in The Chaos – What a great way to get creative and think outside the box (pun intended)! My daughters would LOVE to help make this costume!
- Goldilocks and The Three Bears Family Costume from the Vintage Modern Wife is adorable and totally works with a budget! This would even be perfect if you have multiple children.
- How to Make a Spider Costume from Coupon Closet is perfect for bug-loving kids!
- No Sew Carrot Costume for Toddlers from Moms and Crafters and easy to make and perfect for non-sewers.
- Despicable Me Minion Costume from JDaniels 4 Mom – My kids love the minions and this is such a cute and inexpensive costume to make!
- DIY Butterfly Costumes (and patterns!) from Mama Smiles – These butterfly costumes are not only adorable, they also look WARM which is great with our cold Northern Michigan Halloweens.
What are your favorite creative kids Halloween costumes?
You will also want to make our: