I was given product to review in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.
This pumpkin keychain is easy to make and a fun fall project for the kids!
It’s fall and I’m am all about it! The weather has recently turned from hot days and nights to cool and crisp mornings with frost on the ground. The kids are back in school and we are finally finding our school groove as I like to call it. Sometimes we get an occasional warm and sunny afternoon and lately we’ve had a lot of them but the leaves are changing colors and quickly.
Everywhere I look now I see pumpkin and even Halloween recipes. I’ll admit, we’ve even started some Halloween crafts, including a DIY Cow Costume for my daughter (coming soon on the blog). Now we are enjoying easy and kid friendly fall crafts.
I love fuse beads. No, I really love them. My daughters are 6 and 8 and can sit for hours at a time playing with them. I even upgraded my old iron to this Hamilton Beach Iron. I tend to collect lots of craft items and fuse beads are one of those items that I have jars and buckets of. Fuse beads are so versatile and you can make such fun stuff with them: cartoon characters, seasonal items, keychains, magnets and more! They’re so easy to use and my girls love them.
Oriental Trading has a great selection of seasonal fuse beads including gold, black and a light brown that I used to create my pumpkin keychain. My girls LOVE dangling keychains and whatever else they can find to hang on their backpacks so making something with them was a no-brainer.
How to Make a Pumpkin Keychain
- 70 gold fuse beads
- 50 light brown fuse beads
- Fuse bead pegboards
- Carabiner clips
- Fuse bead tweezers
- Fuse bead ironing paper
- Hamilton Beach Iron
- Download and print our free pumpkin fuse bead pattern.
- Place the pattern next to your pegboard (I found the pattern was a tad too large to put under the pegboard so I placed it next to the pegboard to work on my pattern).
- Use the fuse bead tweezers to place the light brown and gold fuse beads in place on the pegboard.
- Plug in your iron and allow it to heat.
- Place the fuse bead paper on top of the pumpkin design and gently press the heated iron on top and slowly move around in a circular motion until the the beads have fused together. Let cool completely.
- Slide a ring and clip onto the pumpkin stem to make a keychain.
You will also want to make our:
- Pumpkin Paper Garland is easy to make and great for sprucing up your mantle!
- Popsicle Stick Fox Craft is fun and easy for kids to make!
- DIY Candy Corn Fall Decor is simple to make and looks great in any home.
- Trolls Fuse Bead Project is another fun craft to make into a keychain.
- Pineapple Fuse Bead Keychain would be perfect to hang on a backpack or as a zipper pull!