Make 2 batches of this Strawberries & Cream Pancake recipe because your family will be asking for seconds.
Strawberry picking season in my area is over, but that didn’t stop the family and I from hitting the patch and grabbing 24 lbs of fresh berries this year! And I don’t know what I was thinking! I believe last year I forgot to bring the reusable box back to the strawberry patch. So I purchased a new one so now I have two boxes! I grabbed both of the boxes and we filled them to the brim on one mild Sunday afternoon.
Since I had about double the amount of berries I’m used to having, I have a frezeer full of jam and made a handful of strawberry recipes! One of them was this Strawberries & Cream Pancake Recipe. I love adding fruit to pancakes and this is one of my favorite types of pancakes to make! It’s tasty and quick. I usually end up making 2 because we never have any left over.
This is the same pancake recipe as my peach pancake but with a cream cheese twist on the topping. I’ve served this to my overnight guests and they gobbled it up with approval! Which always makes me feel good!
Need more Fresh Strawberry Recipes?
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, milk and vanilla together in a bowl until smooth and thin. If necessary, add a little more milk, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs until fluffy. Add flour, milk, and salt and beat until smooth.
- Place butter into a pie pan and place into the oven until melted, about 2-4 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately pour the batter into the pie plate.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until puffy.
- Remove from oven and fill with strawberries and drizzle with cream.