This shop/post has been compensated by Collective Bias, INC., The Coca-Cola® Company, and NABISCO, all opinions are mine alone. #ScoreTheWinningBasket
One of my favorite times of the year is March! It's the perfect time for me to invite friends and family over and throw a basketball party for the big tournament!
Every year my family and I look forward to getting friends and family together to celebrate game day in March. It's the perfect time of year as the snow begins to melt but it's not quite warm enough to hang outside for a barbecue! It does, however, give us a nice excuse to get together for the big tournament.
Once my invite list is in order, I head to Target to grab everything I need to host my basketball party. This is always a kid-friendly party, and Target has everything I need. For this basketball party, I grabbed TRISCUIT® Crackers, OREO Cookies, and Orange Vanilla Coca-Cola®.
I've been excited to try this new flavor of Orange Vanilla Coca-Cola®! It's a "new twist on delicious" and I couldn't agree more!
Since working full time, having kids and hosting a basketball party can be hectic, I prefer to use semi-homemade and make-ahead recipes for my guests. My easy-to-make OREO cookie basketballs will make guests appreciate your attention to detail. Plus, this sweet snack is quick to pull together.
How to Make OREO Cookie Basketballs
You'll need the following ingredients to make OREO Cookie basketballs:
- 25 orange candy wafers
- sandwich size resealable bag
- cutting board or baking sheet
- wax paper
- 1 package, 14.3 oz, OREO Cookies
- Place wax paper onto a cutting board or baking sheet.
- Lay the OREO Cookies onto the board or sheet.
- Place candy wafers into a resealable sandwich bag but don't seal. Microwave on 50% power for 30 seconds, three times, kneading after each interval. Once candy is completely melted, snip the tip of the bag with scissors.
- Pipe two half moons onto each OREO Cookie, followed by a vertical and horizontal line on the cookie to make basketball stripes.
- Let set for candy to harden before serving.
My favorite make-ahead finger food appetizer is TRISCUIT Chicken Cranberry topped crackers. It is really important this be made the day before, so the flavors can mingle and mix together.
How to Make TRISCUIT Chicken Cranberry Topped Crackers
You'll need to gather the following ingredients:
- TRISCUIT® Crackers
- 1 cup chicken, cooked and diced
- ½ cup real mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup chopped dried cranberries
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Add chicken to a mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add mayonnaise, cranberries, pecans, and onions and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight until ready to serve.
- To Serve: use a 1 tablespoon portion scoop to scoop mixture onto TRISCUIT crackers. Serve immediately.
Pair these two easy sweet and savory foods with Orange Vanilla Coca-Cola® and you're ready for game day! I also like to add a dollop of vanilla ice cream to a glass of Orange Vanilla Coca-Cola® as a special treat for the kids! And if we're being honest, the adults, too! Save on NABISCO and Coca-Cola with Cartwheel in the Target app, now through 4/8/19!
What are some of your go-to basketball party tips? Let us know in the comment section below!