Semi-homemade and GORGEOUS, these Whoopie Pies will be a BIG HIT with anyone who sets their eyes on them!
If you haven’t noticed, there are a few things we LOVE at CraftCreateCook – Rainbows and Watermelon in the summer. Erica made these amazing Ice Pops and I threw together this Watermelon Wreath a few weeks ago because as I previously mentioned – Watermelon Screams Summer! So today, I have these delicious Watermelon Whoopie Pies!
Semi-homemade and GORGEOUS, these Whoopie Pies will be a BIG HIT with anyone who sets their eyes on them! Unfortunately they just look like watermelon, they don’t taste like watermelon! But that’s okay, pair them with some fresh watermelon at your next summer party and you’ll be happy to grab a little sweetness.
These Whoopie Pies are made possible by the fun and amazing Pillsbury Funfetti colored cake mixes. I stumbled upon them at my grocery store and was in awe – they have every color of the rainbow, AND they are a smaller package of cake, so I can make a handful of cupcakes and one color layer cake and stack them. You can see I grabbed the Vibrant Green and Radiant Red and knew I had to make something fun! These cake mixes truly are amazing and the colors are fantastic.
My family loved these and we gave some to a friend after she took my daughter on a play date. I like to wrap all my treats in foil (I know, it’s not very glamorous) because when the person gets home and opens them up, they are truly surprised! She texted me that they looked gorgeous and all the kids were excited to try one! That totally made my day!
- 1 package (8.25 oz) Pillsbury Funfetti Vibrant Green Cake Mix
- 1 package (8.25 oz) Pillsbury Funfetti Radiant Red Cake Mix
- 1 cup flour, divided
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1 tub white frosting
- Wilton Sparkle Gel in Black
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside
- Pour the green cake mix into a bowl and add ½ cup flour, 2 eggs and ½ cup water and mix well. Use a spoon to spoon about 2 Tablespoons of batter onto the prepared pan. Spread the batter out to make a nice 3" circle.
- Bake for 9 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom. Cool completely.
- Repeat with the red cake mix.
- Once both colors are cooled, place a generous dollop of frosting onto the green pie and press the red pie on top of it. Decorate the top of the red cake with black sparkle gel to look like seeds.
You’ll want to make Banana Pecan Cake and these Chocolate Cosmic Cupcakes!