Our DIY Spray Chalk is super fun to play with and only takes a few ingredients.
Okay so I know the groundhog saw his shadow this year and that means 6 more weeks of winter but to me that also means ONLY 6 more weeks of winter. I can’t wait till the snow starts to melt and we can get outside and enjoy the warm air.
In Michigan, I love how we get to experience all 4 seasons. But after 4-5 months of winter, I am ready for some sunshine.
We love to get outside in the summer and enjoy it all we can, wether it’s playing some backyard baseball, going for a bike ride or playing outside with sidewalk chalk.
Sidewalk chalk is so much fun to use on a nice spring or summer day. They make so many different colors now so you can get really creative. But one of my favorite kinds is Spray Chalk and I love how easy it is to make your own. Plus you don’t get it all over yourself while drawing.
How to make our DIY Spray Chalk:
- 1 1/2 cup corn starch
- 3 tablespoon dish soap
- 3 tablespoon tempura washable craft paint
- 3 cups hot water
- 3 spray bottles
- mixing bowl
- measuring spoons Directions:
- Whisk your corn starch and hot water until combined.
- Whisk in your dish soap.
- Add a tablespoon of tempura washable craft paint to each spray bottle.
- Carefully add a cup of your corn starch mixture to each spray bottle, place the top back on and shake until the paint is mixed in with the corn starch water.
- Your DIY Spray Chalk is now ready to use. Just spray onto the sidewalk and rinse with water after your done.
You might also like our:
- Family Summer Bucket List – As we approach summer, don’t forget to start working on your family summer bucket list. You won’t be disappointed as the summer rolls around and you find your children saying, “I’m bored” or you’re struggling to get them to try new things. Make your own or download ours.
- Easy to Make Yarn Ball Ice Cream Cone Garland – This easy to make ice cream cone garland will have you screaming for the real frozen treat!
- Easter Crafts For Kids Yarn Eggs – If you’re looking for fun and easy Easter crafts with items you probably already have, these Easter Crafts For Kids Yarn Eggs will be perfect.