If you are looking for k-cup crafts to make we have tons of ideas, including these springtime bonnets!
I love anything that is tiny and miniature. From small bite size appetizers, to teeny baby socks to miniature knick knacks, I love small things. They are just so cute! So when Jill started featuring some awesome k-cup crafts to make out of old, used k-cups, I knew I had to jump on this band wagon.
Since I don’t actually have a coffee pot that uses k-cups I had to do a shout out on Facebook and ask for some! My neighbor came through and before I knew it, I was removing foil tops and digging out old coffee grounds – that smelled amazing, I might add – and my mind was racing with k-cup crafts to make!
My springtime bonnets k-cup crafts make awesome treat cups for classroom snacks, or add a name to make a very cute place card for your next brunch or dinner. You’ll get lots of compliments when you show off your cute creations! This is also a great kid’s craft. I’d suggest cutting all of the cups and painting them and then having the kids complete the springtime bonnets with your help.
Springtime Bonnets K-Cup Crafts to Make
- Used K-Cups, coffee and filters removed and washed and dried
- Colorful Craft Foam (at least 6″ in length)
- Adhesive Foam Flowers
- 4″ diameter circle template (try a Pyrex bowl lid)
- Spray Paint
I use Rustoleum in Gloss Berry Pink, Gloss Seaside and Gloss Sun Yellow
- Card Stock Paper (to match your painted cups)
- Hot Glue and Hot Glue Gun
- Small candies, such as M&Ms or mini Robin’s Eggs
- Utility Knife
- Using a utility knife, cut the center out of the bottom of each k-cup.
- Spray paint the cups and let dry completely.
- Using the circle template, cut a 4″ circle out of each color of card stock to match your spray painted cup.
- Use hot glue to glue the cup with the cut side up to the card stock circle. Press firmly to secure.
- Cut a piece of craft foam at least 6″ in length and wrap around the brim of the hat. Secure with hot glue and trim to fit.
- Attach adhesive foam flowers to the front of the hat.
- Using green craft foam, cut leaves and attach them to the hats with hot glue.
- Fill the springtime bonnets with candies. Add your guest’s name to make a place card if desired.
Need some other fun crafts to make? Check out our:
Leave a Reply