Your kids will love this fun and easy Finding Dory k-cup craft!
We love Disney movies at our house and I’m sure being a parent you’ve found that your kids are drawn to them regardless if you love Disney or not. If you haven’t seen Finding Dory yet, it’s currently on Netflix or you can also purchase it from Amazon. If you haven’t seen it yet, I highly recommend it. We loved Finding Nemo so I knew my kids would really enjoy Finding Dory.
We have a movie night at least once a week at our house and my two daughters love to help me craft. They are like their mama, always rummaging around my craft drawers pulling stuff out and being creative. I always have used k-cups laying around that drive my husband nuts, but the kids love helping decorate them and creating new stuff with them.
The girls wanted to make a Finding Dory k-cup so who was I to refuse them? Once we had Dory painted, the girls were able to easily decorate her and add her to their collection of upcycled k-cups. All we needed for the craft were items I already had on hand and I always have a big box of acrylic paint, as well as spray paint.
Finding Dory K-Cup Craft
- used k-cup, washed and dried
- blue spray paint or blue acrylic paint
- paint brush if using acrylic paint
- yellow craft foam
- small googly eyes
- glue stick
- large black Sharpie marker
- Paint the k-cup blue in a well ventilated area. Let dry and paint again if needed.
- Affix two small google eyes to the k-cup for Dory’s eyes.
- Use the scissors to cut out two small fins out of yellow craft foam for Dory and affix to the side of the k-cup using the glue stick.
- Draw and color in Dory’s mouth using the large black Sharpie.
- Give each yellow fin a black line on the top and bottom of the fin with a black Sharpie.
That’s it! This craft is super simple, cute and doesn’t take very long to make once your k-cup is painted and dried.
You will also want to make:
K-Cup Whale Craft
Angry Birds K-Cups
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle K-Cups
Turtle K-Cup Craft
Leave a Reply