Reuse K-Cups to make Poppy and Branch Trolls Party Crafts and fill with candy!
If you haven't noticed, the ladies of CraftCreateCook are obsessed with the Trolls movie. We have all sorts of amazing troll items here on our site and I cannot stop thinking of all the troll things I could create! My list is long and the time to get things done is short! BUT I had to make sure these easy Trolls Party Favors were on the top of my to-do list!
Plus, these trolls party crafts are made of recycled k-cups! You know those little cups that bring you a joyous hot cup of coffee from your beloved Keurig? Well, that's what I used to make these Poppy and Branch Party Favor Cups! Let's not waste any more time or k-cups! Let's get started making these Trolls Party Favors!
How to Make Trolls Party Crafts
You'll need a few items to make these awesome party favors:
- Used K-Cups, coffee and filter removed, and washed and dried
- Teal and Pink Acrylic Paint (I used acrylic paint from a bottle and although it worked, okay, I'd suggest a high quality spray paint like this and this)
- Pink and Blue Fur (I found mine at Joanns and had leftover rainbow fur from my Elf Trolls Wig)
- Foam Sheets in pink, blue and green
- adhesive google eyes (10mm in size)
- permanent markers in dark pink, blue and black
- low temp hot glue and hot glue gun
- paint brush
- rainbow candies
- Wilton Pretzel Rod Bags
- Paint your K-Cups teal and pink. I used acrylic craft paint and it took 3 coats of each color to cover. Let dry between each coat.
- Create a Poppy Headband using a 3" x 0.25" strip of pink foam. Cut out small pieces of blue "teardrop" shapes to create the flowers for the headband. Attach the blue flowers to the pink headband with hot glue.
- Cut a piece of 2.5" x 2" hair out of the fur. Attach the fur with hot glue to the inside of the cup. For Poppy, fold down some fur for "bangs" and attach the headband to the hair with hot glue.
- Attach the eyes to the cups.
- Use blue foam to cut out a nose and bean shaped ears for Branch. Cut out a nose and bean shaped ears for Poppy out of pink foam. Attach the nose and ears to the cup.
- Use permanent markers to draw eyelashes on Poppy, eyebrows and a smile. Do the same with Branch, omitting the eyelashes.
- To fill the cups with candy. Fill a pretzel rod bag about half way full with rainbow candies. Secure the top with the provided twist tie and trim the end. Slide the bag of candy into the favor cup.