Red, white and blue patriotic k-cups are the perfect Memorial Day or July 4th treat!
Wow. Memorial Day has passed and it will already be July 4th in less than 3 weeks. The kids JUST got out of school and summer feels like it’s already flying by! I absolutely love the 4th of July. Halloween is my favorite holiday but July 4th comes in at a close second.
The weather in our little resort town is usually fabulous and everyone is in such a great holiday mood. It also helps that my birthday is July 3rd and I am able to celebrate with my friends and family and end both days with fireworks over Lake Michigan.
My husband works nights in the summer so it’s usually just me and the kids after dinner. My girls love to do crafts and I love keeping them occupied with fun stuff. I always have k-cups on hand because I am an avid coffee drinker. I drive my husband nuts by hoarding craft stuff but how cute are these Red, White & Blue Patriotic K-Cups?
Red, White & Blue Patriotic K-Cups
- Clean, used k-cups
- Red spray paint
- Blue spray paint
- Red, white and blue pipe cleaners
- Red, white and blue Washi tape
- Red, white and blue candies
- Spray each clean k-cup with the desired color of spray paint in a well ventilated area and let dry.
- Decorate the k-cups with red, white and blue Washi tape.
- Use the scissors to make a small hole on each side on the top of the k-cup.
- Cut the pipe cleaners 3-4″ in length.
- Gently push the pipe cleaner through one of the k-cup holes and wrap the edge around so it is secured. Do the same with the other end. Fill the k-cup with red, white and blue candies.
You will also love and want to make our:
*Check out our fun K-Cups Craft Section here on the blog!