This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Dollar Tree. All opinions are entirely my own. Affiliate links are included in this post, I’ll be compensated if someone clicks on an affiliate link and makes a purchase.
You’ll have so much fun make this affordable snowman ornament craft this holiday season.
Halloween is over and Thanksgiving is quickly sneaking up on us. Black Friday ads are even starting to appear. I love fall and it feels like I blinked and we are already into November! Facebook friends are now posting Christmas memes and my kids have started talking about what they want from Santa. I love fall, but all the talk about Christmas and the few white flurries we’ve been getting every day have me thinking Christmas.
I only put the Halloween decorations away a few days ago but I’m already in Christmas craft mode. My girls love to craft as much as I do and we love browsing our local Dollar Tree store for fun and unique products to craft into holiday treasures.
My local Dollar Tree store has awesome 2 packs of round clear plastic ornaments, google eyes, cotton balls, pipe cleaners and more! And every thing is only $1 so let your imagination go wild with fun ideas that won’t break the bank. The clear plastic ornaments are perfect for creating your own unique holiday ornaments for your tree or gifting at the holiday sock exchange party.
Snowman Ornament Craft
- Dollar Tree clear plastic ornaments
- Dollar Tree cotton balls
- Dollar Tree black pipe cleaners
- Dollar Tree googly eyes
- Dollar Tree black craft foam
- Black puffy paint
- Orange puffy paint
- Clean, used k-cup
- Black spray paint
- Low temp hot glue gun
- In a well ventilated area, spray paint the clean used k-cup with the black spray paint. Re-spray if needed and let dry.
- Remove the top of the ornament and fill with cotton balls
- Using the scissors, cut a small circle from the black craft foam, a little larger than the top of the k-cup. Cut out the middle. This will be the hat’s brim.
- Use the low temp hot glue gun to adhere the k-cup to the top of the ornament.
- Slide the circle brim over the k-cup so it resembles a snowman’s hat.
- Adhere 2 small googly eyes to the ornament and use the orange puffy paint to make the snowman’s nose.
- Use the black puffy paint to give the snowman a smile.
- Let the snowman dry completely.
- Cut the black pipe cleaner into 3-4″ piece and fold in half. Poke through the bottom of the k-cup where the hole is and use a small amount of hot glue to make it stick to create a hanging hook. Let dry.
Want to create your own unique Christmas ornament or your other holiday crafts? After November 6th, Dollar Tree’s Holiday products are no longer sold online and are only available in store so head to your local Dollar Tree Store in person where you can find all the Holiday items shown in this tutorial.