Need a craft to make with your kids during winter? Our Snowman Sensory Jar is the perfect one!
Christmas has been busy at our house, we always celebrate with each of our parents, aunts and uncles cousins and a big extended family Christmas party. So there is lot of fun going on, but now that the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season is coming to an end. The winter season in Michigan is in full snow mode with lots of fun still to be had.
We like to enjoy the winter by building snowmen and forts outside in the yard, ice skating at our local outdoor rink and skiing/snowboarding. When we aren’t out enjoying the beautiful snow we like to cozy up inside with a good movie, books, hot cocoa/coffee and make fun crafts. Some might think that snowmen are Christmasy but we build them for months. Which is why we chose to make our winter sensory jars into snowmen.
How to make our Snowman Sensory Jar:
- 32oz mason jar
- orange card stock
- black puffy paint
- Christmas ribbon
- 1 cup faux snow
- hot glue/hot glue gun
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- Cut a 2″ carrot triangle nose from the orange card stock.
- Glue the carrot nose onto the center of the jar and a ribbon around the bottom.
- Add the faux snow to the jar and place the lid on.
- Use the black puffy paint to draw on two eyes above the nose and about 5-6 dots under the nose in the shape of a smile and let dry overnight.
- Add 1/4 cup of light corn syrup to the jar and fill the rest of the way with water.
- Place the lid back on tightly, shake the jar and watch the snow fall.
These Snowman Sensory Jars are a lot of fun to use (just make sure the lid is on tight), you just simply shake them and watch the snowflakes fall. You can use glitter instead of the faux snow and it will work the same too. Kids and adults will enjoy watching how pretty the snow is falling.
You might also enjoy:
- Mason Jar Lid Snowman Ornament – This easy to make Mason Jar Lid Snowman Ornament is so cute you’ll want to make at least a dozen!
- DIY Winter Snowman Candle – This DIY Winter Snowman Candle Craft will not only look festive, it will have your house smelly great in no time.
- Snowman Ornament Craft – You’ll have so much fun make this affordable snowman ornament craft this holiday season.