Kids will love this easy and cute Angry Birds paper plate craft!
Angry Birds are everywhere these days, an app on our smart phones, a cartoon on Netflix, t-shirts sold at your local big box store and now a movie! How anyone cannot like these angry, yet, lovable characters is beyond me.
I have been on an Angry Birds craft kick for the last few days. The kids have been loving helping with everything. We recently made these Angry Bird upcycled k-cups (how cute are they?!) and today I’m sharing these super easy Angry Bird paper plates. They took about 45 minutes to make when it was all said and done and my daughters had a blast helping paint the plates.
- small white paper plates
- yellow, red and green acrylic paint
- paint sponges
- googly eyes
- white sticky back felt
- orange and green craft foam
- synthetic feathers
- large black sharpie
- glue stick
- black electrical tape
- Paint each paper plate using the acrylic paint and paint sponges and let dry. Mine took about 45 minutes to dry but using a hair dryer will speed the process up. While they are drying you can easily prepare the other items.
- Next, give each character a pair of large googly eyes.
- Cut (3) 1″ sections of black electrical tape. Then, carefully cut in half long ways (hot dog style as the kids call it) and give each character a pair of thick black eyebrows.
- Cut a large oval out of the green foam for the pigs snout and use the glue stick to attach.Draw 2 oval nostrils on the pig’s snout, using the black Sharpie marker. Cut 2 smaller ovals for the pigs ears. Cut the bottoms straight and add a piece of black electrical tape to the green foam, or fill in with a sharpie. Attach both ears to your pig using a glue stick.
- Cut 2 beaks out of the orange craft foam and attach to your red and yellow birds.
- Lastly, give each bird a coordinating feather.
You’ll also want to make: