Halloween decorations don’t have to be expensive or elaborate! These spooky ghosts will be adorable in your house with your other Halloween decorations!
I love decorating my fireplace mantel for the holidays. My mantel is in the center of my living room and I can see it from the kitchen, the front door, when I walk out of my office, and down the stairs. And when it’s decorated for the holidays and changing seasons, it makes me smile!
These ghosts are very easy to make! You don’t need anything fancy — I used scrap white material and an old orange tee shirt of my husbands! They took less than half an hour and are cute for your house!
- 5 Clear Glass Bulbs about 3.5″ in diameter
- 5 pieces of white cotton fabric cut to 14″ x 18″
- 5 pieces of scrap orange material, cut to 1″ x 12″
- S hooks (one per ghost)
What I love about this Halloween decoration is that you don’t have to be precise. Your cutting can be “around” the sizes listed above. Your lines can be crooked and off center and it’s okay! I actually think it helps with the look of these ghosts!
- Lay your white fabric onto a flat surface. Use a pencil to mark about 7″ from the top of the fabric and cut about a 1/2″ slit into the fabric.
- Slide the top of the bulb into the slit and wrap the white fabric around the bulb. Since the fabric is off center, it should cover the entire bulb.
- Use the orange material to securely tie the white fabric around the bottom of the bulb.
To hang your ghosts, you can slide them directly onto the twine or you can slide an S hook into the bulb and hang it on the twine as shown. I prefer this method as I like the way the ghosts hang, facing outward, with the S hook.