If you’re looking for easy and cute Halloween decorations for your home, these BOO Blocks will fit in flawlessly with your decor.
The stores are now littered with autumn and Halloween decorations and I couldn’t be happier! Whenever I go shopping, I have to swing by the seasonal area and take a peek at all of the orange and black decorations, toss a bag of candy corn into my cart and be on may way wishing I had all the money in the world and space to decorate my entire home for Halloween.
My BOO blocks are perfect for your Halloween decorations at home! They are so easy to make and you can add your own flair with different colors if you’d like.
You’ll need the following items to get started!
- 4×4 blocks of wood. I reused some fence posts we had. The actual measurement of these blocks is 3.5″ x 3.5″
- Black acrylic paint
- White acrylic paint
- Black 3″ peel and stick felt letters. I used Feltables 3″ stick on letters from Joanns.
- Paint brush
Once you’ve collected your materials, you’re about 45 minutes away from this Halloween decor! A little bit longer if you’re sipping on wine and diving into a Netflix movie. Not that I would know…
- Paint the tops and bottoms of your blocks with black acrylic paint. Let dry.
- Paint the front of 3 blocks white. Paint half of the sides of each of these 3 blocks white as well. Let dry.
- Paint 1 block grey by mixing black and white paint together and paint half of the two sides grey. Let dry.
- Use a pencil to lightly draw a ghost shape onto the grey block. You can do a google image search for ghost clip art to find some cute ideas to help you draw a ghost. Paint the ghost white and let dry.
- Add felt BOO letters to each of the 3 white blocks. Adhere by peeling off the back and sticking them onto the blocks, pressing firmly.
- Add eyes and a mouth to your ghost with black paint and let dry. The trick to adding eyes is to dip the handle of your paint brush into black paint and dab it onto the ghost. You can do the same with the mouth, spreading the black paint around a little bit to make a larger circle. This will allow you to create a nice circle.
And you’re ready to enjoy your blocks! You can stack them horizontally or vertically or perhaps BOO in a line with a ghost on top! There are so many neat options for this Halloween decoration! And stay tuned! We’ll show you what you can put on the back of your blocks just in time for Christmas!