Our easy Halloween crafts will be a nice addition to the Halloween decor in your home!
The three ladies of CraftCreateCook.com LOVE Fall. And Halloween as well. I never thought Halloween was one of my favorite holidays until last year, when I realized I have more Halloween decorations than any other holiday – excluding Christmas of course. And I’m drawn to more decorations as I see them pop up in the store! So this time I just had to make these cute bats.
These are my kind of bats, the ones that you want in your house because they really don’t move! Plus, they stand up on their own, you can clip them to the side of a mason jar or you can hang them from the ceiling! Yet they look great just standing on the edge of a table or shelf.
You don’t need too many things to make these cute creatures.
- Black Cardstock
- Black Paint – this is the best one coat paint I’ve used in a long time!
- Wood Dollpins – These are different than clothespins. Clothespins do not have a flat bottom.
- Hot Glue
- The first thing you need to do its paint your dollpins black. Set aside to dry completely.
- While your paint dries, print the bat wing template (available below) and cut it out.
- Use a pencil to trace it onto the black paper and cut out the black paper.
- Place a small line of hot glue onto the center of the bat wing and affix the dollpin onto it.
And that’s it! you’re done! Make as many or as few bats as you’d like! This is a great project for kids, too! It gives them the opportunity to paint as well as practice their cutting and tracing. And they’ll love their little pet bat when they are finished!
Obtain your free bat wing printable below!
You will also want to make:
Leave a Reply