This easy to make Easter bunny bunting can be made with any color yarn to create holiday decor to match your home.
As you may know, I’m recently obsessed with my fireplace. After adding adhesive glass tile to the face, I love adding my holiday decorations to the focal point of my living room. This spring is no exception! With Easter around the corner, I made this fun Easter bunny bunting in one evening!
With the help of our free printable, you can customize this Easter bunny bunting to match your home decor. Perhaps you’d like to use white paper with a light pastel yarn to add a shabby chic look to your home. Or maybe you want bold and bright colors to keep with the bright springtime look. After I made my own Easter bunny bunting, my daughter wanted to make on with rainbow bunnies!
How to make Easter Bunny Bunting
- Scrap Card board (cereal or cake boxes work well)
- Ruler or Tape Measure
- Card Stock in Coordinating Colors
- Bunny Bunting Printable
- Paper Trimmer
- Yarn – Red Heart in Monet
- Hot Glue & Hot Glue Gun
- Jute Twine
- White 1″ Pom Poms
- Print bunny printable on card stock.
- Use a paper trimmer and scissors to cut out the bunting. Set aside.
- Cut card board to just smaller than the paper pieces. (5.5″ x 4.5″)
- Wrap two layers of yarn around each piece of card board. Start by wrapping about 6 single layers and then overlapping the yarn to create a second layer on top of the first. Continue until the card board is covered. Trim the end and tuck into the back. Securing with hot glue if necessary. Repeat until you have the desired number of pieces for your bunting.
- Once all of your card board pieces are covered in yarn, place them onto a flat surface and add hot glue to the paper. Press the paper onto the top of the yarn. Add additional hot glue on the edges of the paper to adhere well to the yarn.
- Cut a piece of jute twine the desired length and glue it to the back of the yarn at the top. Let set until glue is set up.
- Add pom poms to the tail portion of the bunny with hot glue and hang your Easter bunny bunting!
Need some more Easter decorations for your home? Try some of the ones pictured on my mantle:
- Easter Bunny Pallet Project uses salt dough and a simple pallet to create a stunning piece for your home decor!
- Burlap Easter Bunny Decorations will take you 5 minutes to make and last for seasons to come!
- Easter Chicks are made with popsicle sticks and will bring a smile to anyone!