Sometimes you want something super easy to add to your decor. This simple dollar store chicken wreath is the perfect addition to your Easter or springtime home decorations. Hang on a wall, your door, or use for an Easter party!
Easter Dollar Store Baby Chick Wreath
Easter is always a favorite holiday to decorate for in our house. It’s something special about all of the bright fresh colors and excitement of flowers blooming out from the layers of snow. This is a great budget friendly choice to add to your Easter decor that kids can easily help you make.
More Easter Decoration Ideas
Need more inspiration for Easter? Check out these great ideas!
What Can I Use for The Wreath Base?
The embroidery hoop is a great affordable option but if you can’t find them cheaply at your dollar store check out the ideas below instead.
- Grapevine wreath frame
- Styrofoam wreath form
- Old wire hanger formed into a circle
- Piece of cardboard cut into a wreath shape
- Metal wreath frames from past projects
- Hula hoop or similar round item that has been cut to size
- Pool noodles cut and taped together at the end
What Else Could I Wrap the Wreath With?
I found this super fuzzy thick yarn at my local dollar store for only $1 per skein. It worked great for this project to add a fluffy layer around the wreath, but isn’t the only option. Below are some other ideas you could consider adding to your wreath.
- Thick white ribbon.
- Strips of old white t-shirts.
- Felt cut into strips and braided together.
- Scrap fabric in Easter colors or themes.
- Mesh puffs stretched around the form.
You just need to consider what will cover the base wreath form and create a solid base. I used white because it popped against the yellow feathers best, but you can make this in any color you prefer.
How Can I Display This Easter Wreath?
It’s perfect for hanging on your front door, but if you are worried about rain damaging the yarn and feathers, it would be best to bring inside. I have pinned them to the doors leading into different rooms or bedrooms. You could even add this on your mantle as a centerpiece.
- Wooden embroidery hoop
- Yellow craft feathers
- Thick white yarn or ribbon
- Googly eyes
- Orange felt
- Hot glue gun
- Hot glue sticks
How to Make a Chicken Wreath
Secure the end of your yarn or ribbon to the hoop with hot glue, then wrap around the hoop gluing as needed to secure. Make sure the yarn is tightly wrapped covering all of the base.
On the ends of the feathers, add a dot of glue, then press them to the bottom back of the hoop to secure. Add additional glue over the ends to hold into place if needed.
Once the feathers have dried and are secure, glue a pair of googly eyes onto the feathers about 3/4 of the way up from the hoop edge.
Cut a small triangle of orange felt for the beak then glue in place below the eyes on the feathers.
Add a hanger to the back of the wreath and display!
Dollar Store Chicken Wreath Tutorial
Using simple dollar store supplies you can create this great little Easter-themed chicken wreath! A perfect addition to your mantle!
- Secure the end of your yarn or ribbon to the hoop with hot glue, then wrap around the hoop gluing as needed to secure. Make sure the yarn is tightly wrapped covering all of the base.
- On the ends of the feathers, add a dot of glue, then press them to the bottom back of the hoop to secure. Add additional glue over the ends to hold into place if needed.
- Once the feathers have dried and are secure, glue a pair of googly eyes onto the feathers about 3/4 of the way up from the hoop edge.
- Cut a small triangle of orange felt for the beak then glue in place below the eyes on the feathers.
Use any color of yarn preferred for the base of the wreath.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Easter Wreath Spring Wreath Easter Chick Wreath Chick Egg | Etsy
Pompom Easter Wreath Pom Pom Easter Wreath pompom wreath | Etsy
Yellow Chick Wreath Easter Wreath Easter Decor Chenille | Etsy
Easter Bunny Chick Wreath | Etsy
Spring Baby Chick Wreath-Easter Eggs Front Door Hanger-Spring | Etsy
Easter wreath spring wreath Easter front door bunny wreath | Etsy