These Dessert Corn Dogs on a Stick are the perfect quick and easy treat.
Summertime is a very busy time for our family or for any family, I'm sure. While work never takes a break, school does and for our family that means traveling, summer adventures, and lots of baseball. My husband's side of the family is very big in getting the whole family together for holidays or just because and when I say whole family I'm talking Grandparents, Moms and Dads, Aunts and Uncles, second, third, fourth and fifth cousins. You get the picture.
Whenever we all get together there is lots of food involved. I mean you have to feed the army, right? I never like to make something too ordinary but I also don't want to be in the kitchen all afternoon, I want to spend it enjoying the sun with my family so quick and easy it is.
Quick and easy desserts are one of my favorite kinds to make, something that looks like it took a lot more effort than it actually did. I love the wow factor in things like making an ordinary Twinkie into something a lot more exciting with the yumminess that a Twinkie brings. If you don't have a lot of time on your hands but still would like to bring something fun to the table these no bake Dessert Corn Dogs on a Stick are perfect.
How to make our Dessert Corn Dogs on a Stick:
- Vanilla frosting
- Red and yellow liquid gel food coloring
- Green Wilton sprinkles
- Wooden kabob sticks
- Brown paper cupcake liners
- Open your cupcake liners and press them flat.
- Open your Twinkies, place a wooden kabob stick onto the bottom of each one, and place one onto the center of each cupcake liner.
- Divide your can of frosting into 2 separate containers and turn one red by mixing in few drops of red food coloring and turn the other yellow by mixing in a few drops of yellow food coloring.
- Scoop your colored frosting into separate decorating bags and cut a small tip off the end of each one.
- Twist the top of your bags to press the frosting down to the bottom and use your red and yellow frosting bags to draw "ketchup and mustard" onto the front of your Twinkies.
- Top off with a some green sprinkles and serve.
I'm sure these Dessert Corn Dogs on a Stick will be a hit at your next party, I know they are with my family.
You might also enjoy our other fun and easy no bake desserts: