There’s no better combination than peanut butter and chocolate, which is why you’ll want to try these Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats!
My husband loves anything with the combo peanut butter and chocolate. Reese’s, cookies, ice cream, you name it. In the summer when we walk to the ice cream store he often says add anything with peanut butter. So I had him in mind while I was making these delicious over the top Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats. Thank God I bagged most of them and gave to my friends or we probably would have ate the whole batch tonight.
I always have the ingredients on hand for Rice Krispie Treats, they are such a simple and delicious treat and are always a perfect dessert if I need to make something quick for a party. So in this case I had a lot of leftover Reese’s from some Christmas cookies I had made last week so I wanted to put them to a good use instead of staring at me in the pantry. So grab your Reese’s and head on over to the kitchen.
Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- 6 Cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 10.5 oz bag miniature marshmallows
- 3 Tablespoons softened butter
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons peanut butter, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped miniature Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, plus 3 peanut butter cups for topping
- 1 1/2 Cups Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- First you’ll want to combine your marshmallows and butter in a large microwave safe mixing bowl, heat them on high for about 2 minutes, and then mix in your peanut butter and Reese’s.
- Then mix in your Rice Krispies cereal until your cereal is completely coated (this will take some arm muscle, make sure you use a heavy duty spoon)
- Scoop your peanut butter Rice Krispie treats into a greased 8×8″ baking pan and press down firmly using your hands (or a potato masher works fantastic).
- Freeze your peanut butter Rice Krispie treats for about 10 minutes.
- While freezing, place 1 1/2 cups of your chocolate chips into a small microwave safe bowl and heat on 50% power for 3-4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Stir 2 tablespoons of peanut butter into your melted chocolate and spread evenly onto your peanut butter Rice Krispie treats.
- Dip the end of a fork into a small amount of peanut butter and swirl around in your melted chocolate topping and then top with about 3 crumbled miniature Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
- Freeze your bars for another 10 minutes, slice into small squares, and enjoy!
What’s your favorite peanut butter and chocolate treat? Let us know in the comment section below!
You might also enjoy our:
- Gingerbread Rice Krispies Treats
- No Bake Peanut Butter Bites
- No Bake Peanut Butter Sandwiches for Santa