If you love chocolate covered strawberries then you need to try these Chocolate Covered Strawberry Rice Krispie Treats.
The moment I saw strawberry flavored marshmallows in the grocery store I knew what I was going to make with them, because what else do you make with marshmallows that’s as yummy as Rice Krispie Treats. And if you’ve had to chance to check out more of our blog I’ve also made a rainbow version and some yummy peanut butter ones.
I love chocolate covered strawberries but for some reason I never make them at home so anytime I go into a chocolate shop and I see them, I just have to get some. There’s something about fruit paired with chocolate that goes so well together. And you feel like your being a little bit healthy because hey they’re strawberries and it’s a fruit.
- 6 Cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 10oz Bag Strawberry Flavored Marshmallows
- 2 Tablespoons Softened Butter
- 1 Cup Light or Dark Chocolate Wilton Candy Melts
- 1/4 Cup Pink Wilton Candy Melts
You will also need:
- 9×13″ Baking Pan
- Non Stick Cooking Spray
- Scalloped Circle Shaped Cookie Cutter
- Large Heavy Duty Spoon for Mixing
- Parchment Paper
- Grease your baking pan and sandwich bag with a non stick cooking spray.
- Combine your marshmallows and butter in a large microwave safe mixing bowl and heat for 1-2 minutes or until your marshmallows get puffy.
- Mix in your Rice Krispies cereal with a long heavy duty spoon.
- Scoop your strawberry treats into your greased baking pan and press them down firmly with your greased sandwich bag.
- Place the pan into the freezer for about 15 minutes and then use your cookie cutter to cut out as many scalloped circles as you can.
- Heat your candy melts in separate microwave safe dishes for 3-4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Dip half of each Rice Krispie Treat into the melted chocolate, place on a piece of parchment paper, and transfer to the freezer for 5 minutes to harden.
- Pour your melted pink chocolate into a sandwich bag, cut a tiny piece off one bottom corner of the bag, and drizzle over the chocolate coating.
- Let harden for about 5-10 minutes and enjoy!
What’s your favorite kind of Rice Krispie Treat? Let us know in the comment section below!
Check out our other yummy Rice Krispie Treats:
Leave a Reply