These Chocolate Covered Spider Treats are a perfect creepy crawly treat for Fall.
I was at a Halloween party last year and it was so much fun to see all the amazing treats people made and brought to share, but one that stuck in my mind was cookies that looked like cut off fingers… I couldn’t eat one and only a handful (no pun intended) were gone. They were so real looking that it made me kind of queasy, haha.
Having those in mind I would really not like to bring home 30 chocolatey treats, not that I wouldn’t enjoy them but I definitely don’t need them. So these Chocolate Covered Spider Treats I’m hoping will go fast!
How to make our Chocolate Covered Spider Treats:
- Lay out a piece of parchment paper onto a cookie sheet and place a cookie cooling rack on top.
- Spread a little peanut butter onto one Ritz cracker and ssanwich a second Ritz cracker on top.
- Stick 3 pretzel sticks into each side of the cracker sandwich and place onto your cookie cooling rack.
- Heat 2 cups of your candy melts and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil on 50% power for 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Use a spoon to pour your melted chocolate over your spider cracker sandwiches and let the excess drip off onto the parchment paper.
- Stick 2 candy eyes onto the top of the chocolate covered cracker, once you have a full pan, transfer to the fridge to harden for about 15 minutes.
You might also enjoy our other Halloween treats: