This April Fools’ Day Pranks Nail Polish Spill is the perfect joke for your Husband on this glorious April Fools’ Day.
April Fools’ Day is one of my favorite days. I’m just that immature and love playing pranks on my husband. From throwing ice cold water on him in the shower to hiding things inside his socks he’s about to wear, or hiding behind a corner to jump out and scare him, I absolutely love pranking him one day of the year!
Last year my son and I made him delicious brownies – a square pan filled with brown cut out paper letter e’s, wrapped in aluminum foil and placed it on the counter for him to enjoy. He’s a good sport though, and might be annoyed we pulled a fast one on him, but he still loves me!
This morning my husband woke us up by telling us he had to work this morning. He usually doesn’t work on Saturdays. Our son was upset, but then the April Fools’ came out and we were all laughing. He said, “Got anything planned for today?” I said “no” and told him I forgot that it was even April 1st. He didn’t know I planted this amazing April Fools’ Day prank on the couch behind the dog. An hour or so later our dog jumped off the couch. My husband shot off the couch right after him saying, “the dog spilt a bottle of nail polish!”
I’m so glad I got to witness this prank because my husband loves a clean house so this spilled bottle of faux nail polish was perfect! When he realized it wasn’t authentic, we all laughed and I was so excited I got the final prank of the day!
How to make your own April Fools’ Day Pranks Nail Polish Spill:
- nail polish bottle
- nail polish remover
- cotton swabs
- craft paint (choose one closet to the polish you normally wear)
- plastic sandwich bag
- Choose a polish that doesn’t have a lot left or an older polish, then pour the remaining polish out in the garbage.
- Pour a small amount of nail polish remover into the empty bottle, place the top back on, shake vigorously, and pour out the polish remover. Repeat this a few times until the bottle is nearly clean.
- Dip a cotton swab in your polish remover and into the empty bottle to wipe off any left over polish. You might need to do this 3-4 times to get it fully clean.
- Fill your bottle up 3/4 way with Elmer’s glue, add a few drops of paint, place your top back on, and shake.
- Once your glue is colored, pour a small amount onto a plastic sandwich bag, and spread around with a cotton swab to look like a real spill.
- Turn your bottle on it’s side onto the plastic bag and let the “polish” spill out as well.
- Let your spilled polish dry for several hours (depending on how much you have spilled it may need to dry overnight). Carefully peel it off the bag.
- Set up your polish bottle, brush, and spill next to each other on the floor, counter, couch, or wherever you choose.
*I am not to be held accountable for your husband being ticked off. 🙂
If you’re not in the mood for April Fools’ Day pranks, you might like our: