I received a complimentary doll in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.
This easy-to-make American Girl Drum Set is perfect for Logan!
My daughter is absolutely in love with playing house and babies. She recruits her little brother to be the dad, sometimes the son, and occasionally the brother while playing school and house. Most recently, my daughter has become fixated upon having a “boy doll.” Initially I thought the task of finding a “boy baby” would be an easy one. We’d zip to the store and just buy the baby in the blue outfit, and we would be set. But I was wrong.
Finding a boy doll was virtually impossible. Every visit to the store was a disappointment. Shortly after, my daughter saw an American Girl® Boy Doll and she was in heaven!
The official “boy doll’s” name is Logan, and he is Tenney Grant’s bandmate and drummer in the Contemporary line of American Girl® dolls. Logan is my saving grace, as he was truly a boy doll, not just a baby in a blue outfit! Logan is featured in the book Tenney Shares the Stage.
This award winning character, Logan, is a drummer and the first boy doll created by American Girl®. While you can buy your own drum set for Logan, I just had to make this easy DIY Drum Set for my daughter to use with her new doll.
How to Make an American Girl Drum Set
- empty soup and tin cans
- empty small plastic containers
- small empty glass jars
- wax paper
- rubber bands
- pencils with pencil erasers
- popsicle sticks
- pipe cleaners
- construction paper
- decorative tape
- Make sure your containers are washed and dry. Wrap paper around each can, container or jar and trim with scissors to it fits well.
- Use decorative tape to secure the paper around the containers. Add additional tape to decorate the containers.
- Cut the balloon stem and discard. Wrap the balloon around the open end of a container.
- Fold a piece of wax paper into a square and wrap around a container or glass jar, securing with rubber bands.
- Wrap pipe cleaners around the end of a popsicle stick to use as drumsticks or, place pencil erasers onto the ends of un-sharpened pencils to use as drumsticks.
- Play music with Logan!
My daughter is OVER THE MOON in love with Logan! She would take him everywhere if I let her! She cannot stop playing with her American Girl Drum Set! It’s fun to see the different sounds the containers and balloons/wax paper make with the drum set and drumsticks.
Check out some of our other American Girl projects:
Leave a Reply