Winter is a perfect time to cuddle up and enjoy a little family time, our Winter Family Fun Ideas will help you do just that.
1. Build a snowman: Seriously if you haven't gotten outside and done this as a family you are truly missing out on a great family moment. Kids LOVE when their parents participate in their activities.
2. Christmas tree shopping: Whether it's going to your local farm and picking out one of the pre-cut trees or going out into the woods and cutting one down as a family, it's a fun and exciting once a year day.
3. Movie day/night: Make some popcorn, grab some blankets, pick out some family friendly Christmas movies and enjoy a day or night of staying in. The great thing about this is you can stay in your PJ's all day.
4. Volunteer: There are so many places that need volunteers during the Christmas season, pick one for a couple to volunteer for as a family. (examples: salvation army bell ringers, food banks or wrapping presents)
5. Outdoor family photos: Winter is a beautiful season to get some professional family photos taken. If your budget doesn't include that expense, have a friend take them, smartphones have amazing cameras now, too.
6. Ice skating: During the winter we have an outdoor and indoor rink, take advantage of it, your towns ice rinks might only be open in the winter like ours. And you don't need to be a great ice skater either, it makes for a good laugh. Just be careful.
7. Snowshoeing: A lot of places rent these now, get out enjoy the snow, scenery, and your family.
8. Bonfire: If you have an outdoor fire pit, dress warm and grab some s'more ingredients for a cozy night and great conversation.
10. Bowling: Being out in the cold is not always something I want to do in the winter, so dress warm, enter the tundra and make your way over to the bowling alley for some friendly family competition.
Is there any fun and family friendly ideas you'd like to recommend? Tell us about them in the comment section below.