Create an amazing experience for your child and for dad on Father’s Day and beyond.
While I love the idea of our Homemade Gift Card Jar for Dad for Father’s Day, I know it’s not always in one’s budget. And if you aren’t considering making these gifts for dad this year, what on Earth are you going to get him?
Some people say the experience is better than the gift. Or your present is presence enough, meaning, we’d rather have you here with us, than actually giving us something tactile. It’s probably true in our everyday busy lives. We should stop to smell the roses (I’m on a roll here) and take a minute to enjoy being with our children. So, I created these Dad & Me printables to make your gift for dad, easier.
The concept is simple – sit down with your child and figure out what they would like to do with dad. Make a list and brainstorm, and then narrow it down to things that are actually possible and fit into your budget. (No, you cannot go to Disney next weekend.) Use our free printables with suggested ideas or add your own on the blank cards.
Have your child draw images of the items described on the cards and place them into an envelope. Stack the envelopes up when you’re all done, tie them with baker’s twine and present them to dad on Father’s Day. This gift creates an amazing experience for the child and for dad. We’re planning to do two items a month in the summer – so dad is getting 8 fun things to do with his kids!
Make Your Own Father’s Day Gift
- Free Dad & Me Printable – printed onto paper or card stock
- Paper trimmer or scissors
- Colored pencils or crayons
- Invitation envelopes
The directions are simple:
- Print your Dad & Me Cards onto paper or card stock.
- Use a paper trimmer or scissors to cut out the cards.
- Color pictures pertaining to the activities you’d like to do with dad.
- Place each card into the envelope and seal.
- Stack your envelopes, tie with twine and give to dad on Father’s Day.
Need more Father’s Day Inspiration? Check out these fun projects!
- Father’s Day Gift Card Jar creates a unique way to present a gift card to dad on Father’s Day!
- You the BOMB Pop Father’s Day Gift is a simple craft for the world’s best dad!
- Father’s Day Gifts to Make that Dad Actually Wants!