This Valentine Popsicle Stick Craft is such a cute and simple frame for the kids to make and give as a Valentine's Day gift.
There's nothing better than a handmade gift, especially when it comes from your kids. When kids give you something, they usually give it with their whole heart and I love that. I have paintings my son did up on the wall, magnets on the fridge, and crafts throughout our house. To me it makes our house a home.
For a Valentine craft to make with the kiddos, we put together this picture frame made from popsicle sticks! Painted white and lots of buttons glued onto it, make an adorable and festive popsicle stick craft that kids can write their own little message to you, their Grandparents, or their teachers.
How to Make a Valentine Popsicle Stick Craft
- Popsicle Sticks
- White Craft Paint
- Foam Paint Brush
- Red and Pink Buttons
- Hot Glue/Hot Glue Gun
- White Card Stock
- Magnets for the back (optional)
- Using hot glue, glue together your popsicle sticks into a square shape with the popsicle sticks being doubled on each side making a frame.
- Paint your frame white with your foam paint brush and white craft paint. Let dry.
- Once your frame is dry, you can start carefully gluing your buttons all over the front of the frame and even layering the buttons to create depth and dimension.
- Cut a piece of white cardstock a ½" bigger than the opening of your frame, have your kids write their own special message to whom they choose, and carefully hot glue it to the back of the frame.
- Optional: Carefully attach magnets onto the back of your frame with a strong adhesive, let dry, and your Valentine Popsicle Stick Craft is ready to wrap and give to the ones you love.
Do you love handmade gifts? Or would you prefer store bought? Let us know in the comments below!
You might also like our:
- Easy Valentine Treats - Cupid's Arrows
- Kids Valentine's Bento Lunch
- DIY Lego Crayons - Free Printable Lego Valentine Cards